This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: American Bison (Collecta - Wild Life)  (Read 3768 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
American Bison (Collecta - Wild Life)
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of American Bison (Bison bison) Linnaeus, 1758 of Collecta - Wild Life. Total lenght is 140mm. This figure was relased in 2009 and it is retired currently. A bison has a shaggy, long, dark brown winter coat, and a lighter weight, lighter brown summer coat. As is typical in ungulates, the male bison are slightly larger than the female and, in some cases, can be considerably heavier. American bison live in river valleys, and on prairies and plains. Typical habitat is open or semi-open grasslands, as well as sagebrush, semi-arid lands and scrublands. Some lightly wooded areas are also known historically to have supported bison. Bison will also graze in hilly or mountainous areas where the slopes are not steep.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of wild life, they have included the American Bison figure. This figure is a nice representation of this animal. The colors and the details are nice, but I think that the hair of its head is rare. I think that it is good figure of this animal and good acquistion for bisons collectors. I bought this figure in a store of Madrid (Spain) one week ago^-^.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:36:37 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Battatitan

• View Profile
Re: American Bison (Collecta - Wild Life)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
The detail on the shaggy fur really is great :) it'd be interesting to see how it compares to Schleich's bison  ;)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »
The detail on the shaggy fur really is great :) it'd be interesting to see how it compares to Schleich's bison  ;)

Yes, I think that it is one of the best point of this figure. I dont have the new Schleich figure, but it is a good idea  ^-^.

zukiebust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:39:39 AM »
I think this is still the best bison figure, the new schleich bison has improved on the last one but still not as good as this one

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
I think this is still the best bison figure, the new schleich bison has improved on the last one but still not as good as this one

Yes it is, but Schleich figure is really good also  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal