Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Great White Pelican (Papo - Sea Life).  (Read 1443 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Great White Pelican (Papo - Sea Life).
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Great White Pelican (Pelecanus onocrotalus) Linnaeus, 1758 of Papo - Sea Life.Total lenght 100 mm and its wingspan is 100mm. This figure was released in 2011 and currently is avaliable. The Great White Pelican is a huge bird, with only the Dalmatian Pelican averaging larger amongst the pelicans. The diet of the Great White Pelican consists mainly of fish. The pelicans leave their roost to feed early in the mornings and may fly over 100 km in search of food, as has been observed in Chad and Mogode, Cameroon. Pelicans are not restricted to fish, however, and are often opportunistic foragers. In some situations they eat chicks of other birds, such as the well documented case off the southwest coast of South Africa.

Papo is a young brand in the world of figures if we compare them with Safari or Schleich, but they have a important place in the world currently. They are famous for their figures of feline and dinosaurs but they are doing great jobs with the reptiles and birds (new garhial is amazing) and their sea animals figures are not a exception. Proportions are awesome an details of the feathers is awesome. Definetly it is one of the best figure of Great White Pelican. It is one of my favorite figures of my collection and I bought this figure in a store of Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) yesterday ^-^
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:32:46 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures