This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Indian Rhino (Schleich-Wild Life).  (Read 3069 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Indian Rhino (Schleich-Wild Life).
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Indian Rhino (Rhinoceros unicornis) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich-Wild Life. Total lenght 180 mm. This figure is of 2000 line of figures and currently is retired. One-horned rhinos once ranged across the entire northern part of the Indian Subcontinent, along the Indus, Ganges and Brahmaputra River basins, from Pakistan to the Indian-Burmese border, including parts of Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan. Among terrestrial land mammals native to Asia, the Indian rhinoceros is second in size only to the Asian elephant. This heavily built species is also the second-largest living rhinoceros, behind only the white rhinoceros.

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas. This replica is one of their old treasures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are nice, but if it has a heavier body, it would be better. Details of body armor are good. The stand of this figure is nice and it is a good acquisition for rhinoceros collectors. I think that this figure is one of the best figure of Indian Rhinoceros of the past. However, we can find figures that they are better as Papo version or Safari Ltd WS Wildlife version.I bought this figure in a flea market of Cádiz (Spain) 5 years ago ^-^.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:40:08 AM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Indian Rhino (Schleich-Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »
I still think it's a beautiful Indian Rhino figure, though! :) And (at least aesthetically) I like the Schleich figure even a little more than Papo's version (I have that one but I was a little disappointed, though). My personal favourite is the Safari Ltd WS Wildlife version.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Indian Rhino (Schleich-Wild Life).
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
I still think it's a beautiful Indian Rhino figure, though! :) And (at least aesthetically) I like the Schleich figure even a little more than Papo's version (I have that one but I was a little disappointed, though). My personal favourite is the Safari Ltd WS Wildlife version.

Yes, I didnt remember the Safari figure  :P, and I think the same of you. Safari Indian Rhino is the best maybe howeve, Schleich figure is not bad for the years that it has  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal