Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Muskox (Schleich-Wild Life)  (Read 4857 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Muskox (Schleich-Wild Life)
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:18 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Muskox (Ovibos moschatus) Zimmermann, 1780 of Schleich-Wild Life. Total lenght 150 mm. This figure is of 2003 line of figures and currently is retired. As members of the subfamily Caprinae of the family Bovidae, muskoxen are more closely related to sheep and goats than to oxen; however, they are placed in their own genus, Ovibos (Latin: "sheep-ox"). The muskox is one of the two largest extant members of Caprinae. Muskoxen live in herds of 12–24 in the winter and 8–20 in the summer.  They do not hold territories, but they do mark their trails with preorbital glands. Male and female muskoxen both have separate age-based hierarchies, with mature oxen being dominant over juveniles.

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas. This replica is one of their old treasures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are corrects. The hair is good. The stand of this figure is wonderful and it is a good acquisition for prehistoric collectors as me. I think that this figure is the best figure of Muskox.  I bought this figure in a store of Cádiz (Spain) nine years ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Muskox (Schleich-Wild Life)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
A wonderful figure! :) I pity myself for not having bought one when they were still available. :'( Nowadays it's a highly prized collectible for sure! So I had to take the Noah's Pals Matt & Marcie instead (the sculpt isn't bad but the paint job is awful on those).

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »
A wonderful figure! :) I pity myself for not having bought one when they were still available. :'( Nowadays it's a highly prized collectible for sure! So I had to take the Noah's Pals Matt & Marcie instead (the sculpt isn't bad but the paint job is awful on those).

Dont worry friend, I am sure that you will find it in the future. I bought this figure when I started to do my collection of prehisctoric beast of Europe  ^-^.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
Many thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. :) I see it quite often - but not for the price I'd be willing to pay... :-\ ;D

Dragonwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »
This is one hard to find figure. I'm just happy to get one within reasonable price. Man, this is one heavy piece of plastic wonder. One of the best Schleich models ever made. Sits well with rest of my bovine herd.  ;D

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
This is one hard to find figure. I'm just happy to get one within reasonable price. Man, this is one heavy piece of plastic wonder. One of the best Schleich models ever made. Sits well with rest of my bovine herd.  ;D

here you can find

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSchleich+moschusochse&_nkw=Schleich+moschusochse&_sacat=0&_from=R40

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »
Nice figurine  :)

Scottish Sungazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
One of the most accurate and, in my opinion, best models made.  8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:45:27 PM by Scottish Sungazer »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »
Thanks friends  ^-^. It is one of my precious figures of my collection  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal