This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Leopard- 2002 (Schleich - Wild Life)  (Read 2340 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Leopard- 2002 (Schleich - Wild Life)
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Leopard (Panthera pardus) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich - Wild Life. Total lenght is 100mm. This figure was relased in 2002 and it is avaliable currently. The species' success in the wild is in part due to its opportunistic hunting behavior, its adaptability to habitats, its ability to run at speeds approaching 58 kilometres per hour (36 mph), its unequaled ability to climb trees even when carrying a heavy carcass, and its notorious ability for stealth. The leopard consumes virtually any animal that it can hunt down and catch. Its habitat ranges from rainforest to desert terrains. Fossils of early leopard ancestors have been found in East Africa and South Asia from the Pleistocene of 2 to 3.5 Ma. The modern leopard is suggested to have evolved in Africa 470,000–825,000 years ago and radiated across Asia 170,000–300,000 years ago. In Europe, the leopard is known at least since the Pleistocene. Fossil leopard bones and teeth dating from the Pliocene were found in Perrier in France, northeast of London, and in Valdarno in Italy. At 40 sites in Europe fossil bones and dental remains of leopards dating from the Pleistocene were excavated mostly in loess and caves. The sites of these fossil records range from near Lisbon, near Gibraltar, and Santander Province in northern Spain to several sites in France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, in the north up to Derby in England, in the east to Přerov in the Czech Republic and the Baranya in southern Hungary.

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas. This replica is one of their old treasures. This figure is a nice replica. The proportions of this figure are corrects. The hair would be able to better. The stand of this figure is nice. Colours it is not correct ( I think that it is too yellowish) and it is a good acquisition for feline collectors as me. I think that this figure is one of the best figure of its time, but the best in my opinion is Papo Leopard (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=867.0).  I bought this figure in a store of Cádiz (Spain) 13 years ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal