Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Wisent (Schleich-Wild Life)  (Read 3360 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Wisent (Schleich-Wild Life)
« on: January 31, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Wisent (Bison bonasus) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich-Wild Life. Total lenght 150 mm. This figure is of 2002 line of figures and currently is retired. European bison were hunted to extinction in the wild, with the last wild animals being shot in the Białowieża Forest (on the Poland-Belarus border) in 1919 and in the North-Western Caucasus in 1927. They have since been reintroduced from captivity into several countries in Europe, all descendants of the Białowieża or lowland European bison. They are now forest-dwelling. They have few predators (besides humans), with only scattered reports from the 19th century of wolf and bear predation. They are a herd animals. He lives in both mixed and solely male groups. Mixed groups consist of adult females, calves, young aged 23 years, and young adult bulls. The average herd size is dependent on environmental factors, though on average, they number 8-13 animals per herd. Herds consisting solely of bulls are smaller than mixed ones, containing two individuals on average. European bison herds are not family units. Different herds frequently interact, combine and quickly split after exchanging individuals

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas. This replica is one of their old treasures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are corrects. The hair is good. The stand of this figure is wonderful for some dioramas and it is a good acquisition for prehistoric collectors as me. I think that this figure is one of the best figure wisent of its time. Nowadays, I beliebe that the figure of Bullyland is the only figure avaliable in the market of this rare specie.  I bought this figure in a store of Salamanca (Spain) ten years ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Wisent (Schleich-Wild Life)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:03 AM »
Looks very good and massive, too! :) It's becoming increasingly harder to find - at least for a reasonable price.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »
Looks very good and massive, too! :) It's becoming increasingly harder to find - at least for a reasonable price.

Yes, I have tried to find another it, but is imposibble to find with a reasonable price. When I found the mine, I was looking since 3 years ago  ^-^.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
One of the best Schleich figurines ever i think  :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
One of the best Schleich figurines ever i think  :)

Yes it is and very rare  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal