News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Sbell collection and display--now on the ATF as well!

Started by sbell, January 14, 2014, 03:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Seeing those treasures (especially Odontochelys) brings back lots of memories.

sbell

Quote from: stemturtle on March 12, 2018, 03:22:41 PM
Seeing those treasures (especially Odontochelys) brings back lots of memories.

I just realized that I think this is my accidental 'fossil turtle' shelf...other than a couple Kaiyodo and one Shapeways of course...!

sbell

And now the bottom half of this cabinet!

Many dinosaurs...but not as many as there once were. And then some squishy backbone-less things!

These may be the most crowded shelves; there's always some kind of issue with making things fit well. So I'll revisit again someday!

bmathison1972

squishy backbone-less things? LOL. By the way, great idea for displaying the jellyfish!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 13, 2018, 10:59:13 PM
squishy backbone-less things? LOL. By the way, great idea for displaying the jellyfish!

Okay, so they're not all squishy...and some of them are almost backboney!

But after numerous attempts with different stands for the jellies, this seems to work the best...especially the Bully Medusa, so that the tentacles didn't bend up too much.

The next best might have been small doll stands, but I couldn't find any.

sbell

And now! The last cabinet!

First, top of the cabinet...kind of a mix of things...

Then the shelves (top of first half).

First one is all Starlux, plus a few other breakables and resins...

And then fish! So many fish! Mostly the various freshwater ones from various companies. I think a lot of my restructuring and even selling off had as much to do with giving these a better display!

More tomorrow-ish!

sbell

And the bottom half...it's a marine bonanza! All sharks, larger fish, and marine reptiles!

As a kid, I would never have believed there would be this many shark toys...I remember when such a thing was pretty much an impossibility.

sbell

So, here I am on the last stretch...top of the last cabinet side!

More fish! Big ones this time! And the beginning of the mammal shelves...

sbell

Well, here it is--the last shelves in the room! There are other models, scattered about the house...and I will get to those eventually (which is why so pretty obvious models are missing from here...like the Leedsichthys and Ptilodus).

But this lot is entirely prehistoric mammals...and rays. So many rays!

Hope you enjoy the shelves...as they were a few weeks ago! There are always new things here and there to add!

Advicot

WOW Sbell. Your collection is huge! How many figures are in your collection? Also how long have you been collecting*  ???
Don't I take long uploading photos!

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 21, 2019, 06:48:11 PM
WOW Sbell. Your collection is huge! How many figures are in your collection? Also how long have you been collecting*  ???

I think I currently have 4-5000 figures on display. I've been collecting for about 30 years with varying seriousness

Advicot

With 4000-5000 figures I would of been surprised if you had only been collecting for about 10 years, but 5000 figures!!!!!!!!!  :o

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 21, 2019, 07:12:34 PM
With 4000-5000 figures I would of been surprised if you had only been collecting for about 10 years, but 5000 figures!!!!!!!!!  :o

Over the years I've probably sold or traded almost as many!

Advicot

WOW. I've got 1000+ figures and I've never sold a single one, as I value my figures as individuals which are all unique.  :)

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 21, 2019, 07:45:20 PM
WOW. I've got 1000+ figures and I've never sold a single one, as I value my figures as individuals which are all unique.  :)

I go through waves. Plus I only have so much space!

Advicot

Just out curiosity do you have any that you'd wish to sell or give away?

Advicot

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 21, 2019, 09:15:57 PM
Modern wild animals.  :D

Probably. I'll have to see what I have set aside. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Advicot

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 22, 2019, 07:49:19 AM
No not really, maybe not recent Schleich and Papo .

Most of what I'd be letting go of wouldn't be recent. Or Papo. Or Schleich. But I'll have to go hunting.