News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Sbell collection and display--now on the ATF as well!

Started by sbell, January 14, 2014, 03:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

So many wonderful fish! Is that a real mounted sturgeon?

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 26, 2018, 04:08:33 AM
So many wonderful fish! Is that a real mounted sturgeon?

I wish (sort of). It's a foam sturgeon from China...not precisely high quality, but kind of a fun, weird thing! They make a bunch of fish, I think for restaurant/grocery store displays and such!

sauroid

your collection is one of my favorites in DTF (and STS)

sbell

Beetle guy

Wow, great collection!! Thanks for sharing.

What's the species of the guy with the two red sticks?  ;D
To beetle or not to beetle.

sbell

Thanks all!

So, first cabinet. Entirely Dinotales...except for some of the Dino Expos I think? And there are a few of the later Kaiyodo prehistoric capsule figures in here too...sometimes I just have to make them fit!

So that's today's shelves! I'll try to post a new cabinet (or part thereof) each day. Easier than trying to do all of it at once! Also...kind of cheating, but I'm just posting the same thing each time on the DTF, ATF and STS...just easier!

sbell

Quote from: pelycosaurus on February 28, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
Sean your collection is insane!

I know! Somewhere in there are figures that I got in high school...over 2 years ago!

sbell

Thanks again everyone...

And with further ado, another day, another cabinet! Mostly Kaiyodo Animaltales, ChocoQ figures, Capsules/Bottlecaps, plus some other Japanese sets and miscellaneous figures (mostly Yujin, Bandai that sort of thing)

I sometimes feel like I should reorganize these somehow...but it's just kind of daunting!  And, of course as always, this will be cross-posted through the DTF, ATF and STS!

sbell

New day, new cabinet closeups! This one is a lot more random--some 'mystery' series figures, some assortments from a variety of companies, and a bunch of Shapeways figures...and the majority of my FaunaCasts models...plus some other customs and special figures!

And in the last photo, a close up of the ephemera on the book shelf below...including my various plants that I am otherwise unsure of where they can go!

(It should be noted that some cabinets have more shelves than others...just how they spaced out. Plus these ones have an extra, short cabinet on top that is separate)

sbell

And now for Cabinet 4!

Topped by the rest of my FaunaCasts models, most of these are other prehistoric figures--Prehistoric Panorama, various Kaiyodo specials, Expo figures, and other capsule sets, a few different Bandai ones, and even the Nabisco/Lido Prehistoric Mammals!

bmathison1972

ah you have the COG Aysheaia and trilobite I am still hunting down :-). I have the others in that set that interest me, but those two elude me still :)

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 02, 2018, 04:31:12 PM
ah you have the COG Aysheaia and trilobite I am still hunting down :-). I have the others in that set that interest me, but those two elude me still :)

And unfortunately, I don't have doubles of those 2...and I'm not about to give up the set!

sbell

What is this, cabinet...5? Yes!

After a couple of fun, large spinosaurs on top, we've got a bunch of Japanese figures from all sorts of companies including Cosmol mammoths, Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and a bunch of different deep sea animals from Yujin, Epoch, Takara, and Kaiyodo (and others?) plus a whole lot of metal figures, some Feves, and finally Yowies! So many Yowies crowded together...I should do something about that...! And one more Shapeways figure...a ninja shark!

sbell

And now cabinet 6.

The top is some bigger sauropod figures with some smaller herbivores for variety...after that, it's all Colorata! With one or 2 exceptions...

sbell

Cabinet 7! The last of the ledge-mounted Besta cabinets!

Lots of Big figures up top--a few Schleichs (which I am looking to sell) plus some big theropods--and some little ones to fill it out!

And then Colorata all over! including lots of the Endangered Fossil Fishes...but not all of them (I have bought all 3 sets! Just because there's always something new for me)

I think this last shelf is also the only one that has changed since I took these photos...the Colorata Dunkleosteus is now on here, more because it fit than anything else!)

sbell

Well, now that the STS forum is working again, I can get on to the next round of shelve--these are the bigger Hemnes cabinets. I'll break them up a bit, since there are still a lot of photos! Most of these ones are larger photos.

The larger size of these shelves means that many of the models are larger. As with the smaller shelves, sometimes they are organized by taxonomic groupings, sometimes by company...sometimes by size, or convenience.

Starting at the top:

Beetle guy

Again, what a marvelous collection!! Thanks far posting!
To beetle or not to beetle.

sbell

And now the bottom half of the cabinet! A lot more randomness in this one...

sbell