News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 16, 2012, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Nothing major, just pinning (stickying) a few popular topics to the top of boards.  :)

AnimalToyForum

I created a new sub-forum in the animal toy lines section dedicated to 2014 new releases. I also created one for the 2013 threads. I'll add a new sub-board annually. Should make it easier to find these popular topics.

brontodocus

Looks good and it allows easy navigation. These threads on new releases will often grow over months and so it's good if they are easily found at a later time, too! :)

AnimalToyForum

Glad you approve, Dr Mod.  C:-)

AnimalToyForum

There has been a major change behind the scenes - we have moved to a new and improved server.  C:-)

AnimalToyForum

I've added a right sidebar, to match the dinotoyforum. I also removed the forum chatbox. It was a bit of a security risk (that's why I deleted the same feature from the Dinotoyforum), and it wasn't being used anyway.

AnimalToyForum

I have merged the announcements board and the Rules/Feedback/FAQ boards into one single 'Forum business' board. The boards were overlapping in scope which was a bit confusing.

AnimalToyForum

I've added a 'New for 2017' child board.  C:-)

AnimalToyForum

I've added a board in the reviews/walk-around section for PNSO:
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?board=50.0

I was sure I saw some walk-arounds of PNSO models already posted on the forum, but I could only find the rhino. Am I misremembering?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on March 09, 2017, 11:45:00 AM

I was sure I saw some walk-arounds of PNSO models already posted on the forum, but I could only find the rhino. Am I misremembering?

I have been thinking about others that can maybe have their own line. Perhaps one of us can go through and see if a particular manufacturer has been represented a lot and warrants a new section?

The following might warrant it:
Play Visions
Sega
Maia & Borges
K&M International (incl K&M Wild Republic)
Cadbury (Yowies)
Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. [although this last one could be combined with Yujin since the former bought out the latter and re-released some sets]

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 09, 2017, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on March 09, 2017, 11:45:00 AM

I have been thinking about others that can maybe have their own line. Perhaps one of us can go through and see if a particular manufacturer has been represented a lot and warrants a new section?

The following might warrant it:
Play Visions
Sega
Maia & Borges
K&M International (incl K&M Wild Republic)
Cadbury (Yowies)
Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. [although this last one could be combined with Yujin since the former bought out the latter and re-released some sets]

Yes, good idea.

AnimalToyForum

"New for 2018" board created

bmathison1972

Beetle guy

A SEGA/ Bandai section would be great, I have loads of them. No suprise...mainly beetles.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 26, 2017, 08:06:28 PM
A SEGA/ Bandai section would be great, I have loads of them. No suprise...mainly beetles.

Do you mean for reviews or 'New for...'? The New For boards are for new releases, not acquisitions.

AnimalToyForum

I've installed a 'mentions system' so adding "@" as a prefix to a member's name now notifies the member in their profile and by email (the latter is optional, you can change this in your profile settings).

I'll test it on... @bmathison1972

Did it work!?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 26, 2017, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: Beetle guy on August 26, 2017, 08:06:28 PM

Do you mean for reviews or 'New for...'? The New For boards are for new releases, not acquisitions.

I think they mean in the 'Reviews and Walk-arounds section'. Currently, SEGA and Bandai reviews are in the Other/Misc section, but I can move them into new board. That's easy enough for me to do... but before I do, @Beetle guy, are SEGA and Bandai connected in some way or shall I create a separate board for each?

AnimalToyForum

I rejigged the main menu. Nothing major, but if you notice something has moved, this is the explanation.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on May 30, 2018, 10:09:45 PM
I've installed a 'mentions system' so adding "@" as a prefix to a member's name now notifies the member in their profile and by email (the latter is optional, you can change this in your profile settings).

Did it work!?

yes it did

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 31, 2018, 12:00:58 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on May 30, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Did it work!?

yes it did

Great. :)