Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 31586 times)

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2020, 01:00:18 AM »
I have been inactive on the DTF since my last post in this thread because I am still unable to post. I have tried logging in and out, and using a different device, yet nothing has worked. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

How odd, the DTF is working for everyone else. PM me with the details - error messages, screenshots if possible, if it happens in every topic - and I'll see what I can do.

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
I've changed the name of the "Forum business" board to "Forum and blog business".

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2020, 04:32:01 PM »
I've changed the name of the "Forum business" board to "Forum and blog business".

Thanks! I was actually trying to figure out how to do that yesterday LOL

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »

Thanks! I was actually trying to figure out how to do that yesterday LOL

Hehe, great minds think alike. I think only the admin can change board titles (under the current settings at least).

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2020, 01:00:54 PM »
I've upgraded the forum software for improved security. One side effect is that the image resize feature has been killed, so please be aware of this while I find a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The new software also allows the forum to be GDPR compliant, which is a legal obligation. Hopefully when I activate this feature it isn't too obstructive - I personally hate having to click a dialogue box to view a page, but there's no way around it without breaking the law.

But first I have to write a privacy policy! Lucky me. ::)

The image resize feature is back up and running, finally! That makes a big difference to the user experience.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
I've upgraded the forum software for improved security. One side effect is that the image resize feature has been killed, so please be aware of this while I find a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The new software also allows the forum to be GDPR compliant, which is a legal obligation. Hopefully when I activate this feature it isn't too obstructive - I personally hate having to click a dialogue box to view a page, but there's no way around it without breaking the law.

But first I have to write a privacy policy! Lucky me. ::)

The image resize feature is back up and running, finally! That makes a big difference to the user experience.

Thanks! I'll test it on my phone later, where the phenomenon has the greatest effect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal