News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Phasing out the reviews and walk-arounds board

Started by AnimalToyForum, May 28, 2020, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

@Gwangi - Some general answers.

No, walkarounds are not placeholders and hold no priority.

If you want to review something for the Blog, and there is already a walkaround of it on the forum, I suggest you request to reserve it on the ATB Review Schedule thread. If you do, your blog review will take priority.

For things that have walkarounds on the forum by one person, and blog reviews by another person (or reserved for review), the walkarounds be moved to other parts of the forum (e.g., a taxonomy-appropriate thread) and not transferred to the Blog.

@AnimalToyForum - this is what you had in mind too, correct?

Gwangi

Guess I'm gonna have to look through all the walk-arounds.  :P

Hot take: I don't like walk-arounds. They're not reviews. ToyAnimalWiki does walk-arounds well enough. But that's just me.  O:-)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2024, 08:15:03 PMGuess I'm gonna have to look through all the walk-arounds.  :P

Hot take: I don't like walk-arounds. They're not reviews. ToyAnimalWiki does walk-arounds well enough. But that's just me.  O:-)

Now that they are all in one thread (https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?board=69.0) it should be a quick scan ;-)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 17, 2024, 08:10:54 PM@Gwangi - Some general answers.

No, walkarounds are not placeholders and hold no priority.

If you want to review something for the Blog, and there is already a walkaround of it on the forum, I suggest you request to reserve it on the ATB Review Schedule thread. If you do, your blog review will take priority.

For things that have walkarounds on the forum by one person, and blog reviews by another person (or reserved for review), the walkarounds be moved to other parts of the forum (e.g., a taxonomy-appropriate thread) and not transferred to the Blog.

@AnimalToyForum - this is what you had in mind too, correct?

Yeah. The only thing is that I do see (my) walkarounds that are now on the blog as placeholders in the sense that can be expanded later with a more thorough review, either by myself or someone else who wants to offer an opinion/review. I have been trying to add a little bit of text but the reality is, if I tried to turn each walk-around into a proper review, I'd still be migrating them in 20 years time!

bmathison1972

yes, but just because there is a walkaround by person X, doesn't mean person Y can't review it on the Blog. Unless it has been requested for reservation or that person that specifically said they'd migrate it over (like you and sbell). Most walkarounds to be transfered over are from those no longer active (brontodocus, Takama, others...)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 17, 2024, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2024, 08:15:03 PMGuess I'm gonna have to look through all the walk-arounds.  :P

Now that they are all in one thread (https://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?board=69.0) it should be a quick scan ;-)

Sixteen pages, quick indeed!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 17, 2024, 08:32:07 PMyes, but just because there is a walkaround on the forum by person X, doesn't mean person Y can't review it on the Blog. Unless it has been requested for reservation or that person that specifically said they'd migrate it over (like you and sbell). Most walkarounds to be transfered over are from those no longer active (brontodocus, Takama, others...)

I added the proviso in bold.