News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 16, 2012, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

As on the DTF, this is a thread to keep you abreast of any updates or changes to the forum.

Today I added a bookmark feature to the forum. You should see an 'add bookmark' button on the top and bottom of each thread. Clicking this will add the topic to your personal bookmarks page: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php?action=bookmarks
I hope this modification helps to keep track of those threads most interesting to you.

I also added a handy link to the bookmark page in the top menu, under the 'profile' option.

AnimalToyForum

I've just set the permissions properly for this feature so it should work now for all members.

AnimalToyForum

Added a new section for individual figure reviews and walk-arounds: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

AnimalToyForum

I've added a button linking to the reviews and walk-arounds section in the top menu :)

brontodocus

Good idea, thanks! :) It makes navigation more comfortable.

AnimalToyForum

I've also created a 'reviews and walk-arounds' header for all the pages in that section :)

Jetoar

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 11, 2013, 01:22:35 PM
I've also created a 'reviews and walk-arounds' header for all the pages in that section :)

Great idea Adam,  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Aaaah! :o 8) Great idea... so I guess I should post a walk-around of the light-footed Sally soon? ;D

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on January 11, 2013, 11:26:37 PM
Aaaah! :o 8) Great idea... so I guess I should post a walk-around of the light-footed Sally soon? ;D

;D If you have it, sure!

brontodocus

I need to make updated photos including the ventral side but, yes, I've already planned so. :)

AnimalToyForum

I have added boards for three different Kaiyodo categories. These can be shuffled around if necessary.

I have also changed the forum settings so that a description now appears above each board.

Edit - I've also neatened up the list of reviews and walk-around child boards on the main index page.  C:-)

brontodocus

Great! :) It looks much better now. 8)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 20, 2013, 11:48:36 PM
Great! :) It looks much better now. 8)

Yes I think the same that you Andre  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

I've created a new forum page that displays the most recent posts from the 'reviews and walk-arounds section' - an easy way to browse through the new reviews. http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/page,recent_reviews_and_walk_arounds.html I'll include a link to this page in the main menu shortly.

I've also added a sidebar to the 'reviews and walk-arounds' board itself, to list recent posts there.

I hope this meets with approval.  C:-)

brontodocus

Oh, yes, it does! :) Very useful since we have been quite productive with walk-arounds lately, makes navigation a lot easier and more comfortable. 8)

Jetoar

Yes is easier than before  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Jetoar on January 27, 2013, 02:35:54 PM
Yes is easier than before  ^-^.

Great! I've now added a link to therecent reviews page to the side bar on the main forum page, to the side bar on the reviews board, and in the top menu of every page.  C:-)

Edit - I've also shifted the instructions thread etc to a new child board. I think it might be a bit neater.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions, even wild ones, please do put them out there. The forum is pretty flexible and can be moulded for a variety of purposes. 

AnimalToyForum

I've also just installed facebook/twitter/g+ buttons at the bottom of the first post in each thread. I was hoping it would be an easy was for me to share walk-arounds on Facebook/Twitter, but I'm not sure it's working. The Twitter button seems to work, the Facebook button I'm not so sure. Let me know how you guys get on... thanks!

Jetoar

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 27, 2013, 03:31:51 PM
I've also just installed facebook/twitter/g+ buttons at the bottom of the first post in each thread. I was hoping it would be an easy was for me to share walk-arounds on Facebook/Twitter, but I'm not sure it's working. The Twitter button seems to work, the Facebook button I'm not so sure. Let me know how you guys get on... thanks!

You are welcome friend  ^-^.

AnimalToyForum

I think the Facebook button works, it's just now quite what I wanted. I wanted a 'share' button, whereas this is a 'like' button. Oh well, it'll do for now... ::)