Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Peregrine Falcon (Collecta - Wild Life)  (Read 2710 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Peregrine Falcon (Collecta - Wild Life)
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus)Tunstall, 1771 of Collecta - Wild Life. Total lenght is 70mm. This figure was relased in 2010 and it is avaliable. The Peregrine Falcon lives mostly along mountain ranges, river valleys, coastlines, and increasingly in cities. In mild-winter regions, it is usually a permanent resident, and some individuals, especially adult males, will remain on the breeding territory. Only populations that breed in Arctic climates typically migrate great distances during the northern winter. The Peregrine Falcon feeds almost exclusively on medium-sized birds such as pigeons and doves, waterfowl, songbirds, and waders.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of wild life, they have included the Peregrine Falcon. This figure is a wonderful representation of this whale. The colors will be more black and the details are nice.  I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and good acquistion for birds collectors but I think that you find other fiures of this bird like as Peregrine Falcon (Schleich-Wild Life)http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,806.new.html#new that from my point of view is better. I bought this figure in a store of my girlfriends town yesterday ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Peregrine Falcon (Collecta - Wild Life)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
I've bought this one, too, recently. I do like the sculpt but I guess what sets the Schleich version apart is the better paintjob of the latter. This CollectA version is very dark and the characteristic head colouration has too little contrast.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Peregrine Falcon (Collecta - Wild Life)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »
I've bought this one, too, recently. I do like the sculpt but I guess what sets the Schleich version apart is the better paintjob of the latter. This CollectA version is very dark and the characteristic head colouration has too little contrast.

Yes, with other colors, it will be better than now, but it is a great figure currently ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal