Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Humpback Whale (Collecta Sea-Life)  (Read 2801 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Humpback Whale (Collecta Sea-Life)
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Humpback Whale (Megaptera novaeanglinae) Borowsky, 1781 of AAA. Total lenght is 220mm. This figure was relased in 2009 and currently is avaliable. Found in oceans and seas around the world, humpback whales typically migrate up to 25,000 kilometres each year. Humpbacks feed only in summer, in polar waters, and migrate to tropical or subtropical waters to breed and give birth in the winter.The humpback has a distinctive body shape, with unusually long pectoral fins and a knobbly head. An acrobatic animal known for breaching and slapping the water with its tail and pectorals, it is popular with whale watchers off Australia, New Zealand, South America, Canada, and the United States.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Humpback Whale. This figure is a wonderful representation of this whale. The colors are exact and the details are nice.  I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and good acquistion for dolphins collectors. I bought this figure in a store of my girlfriends town yesterday ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Humpback Whale (Collecta Sea-Life)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
It's a figure I still haven't bought but your photos show it's indeed a good rendition of a Humpback Whale. :) It's also reminiscent of the discontinued Schleich "Seetiere 1:32" Humpback Whale which makes it even more interesting.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Humpback Whale (Collecta Sea-Life)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
It's a figure I still haven't bought but your photos show it's indeed a good rendition of a Humpback Whale. :) It's also reminiscent of the discontinued Schleich "Seetiere 1:32" Humpback Whale which makes it even more interesting.

Yes, I remember the calf of Schleich, because de colors, but , I think that Mojo figure is more similar to Schleich figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal