News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animaltoyforum suggestions

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Please let me know if you have any ideas for possible boards or categories, or any other features you'd like to see on the Animal Toy Forum.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

From the favicon thread:

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 09, 2012, 12:54:44 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 09, 2012, 12:03:53 PM
Well, there are only eight votes so far, I guess the more votes the more significant the result. Maybe. Urgh, and I completely misunderstood the topic (reading the first post thoroughly might have helped), I simply didn't know what a favicon is... :-[ Still being on the fishy side. ;D
Well, speaking of teddy bears, I do collect those. Could I post my collection here?  :)

Of course! If there is a lot of interest, we could even set up a dedicated 'cuddly toy' section. :D

tyrantqueen

I would suggest that the mods might add a section for non toy models (such a resin or porcelain sculptures, or resin kits like the Morgan reptiles) I have a couple of these myself that I would like to add in future.

At the moment I have posted my model kits in the "other toys and collectibles" category, which probably isn't so appropriate. Thanks for listening to my suggestion :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 17, 2013, 03:58:08 AM
I would suggest that the mods might add a section for non toy models (such a resin or porcelain sculptures, or resin kits like the Morgan reptiles) I have a couple of these myself that I would like to add in future.

At the moment I have posted my model kits in the "other toys and collectibles" category, which probably isn't so appropriate. Thanks for listening to my suggestion :)

Yes, that's a sensible idea, I might do that. I did move some of your walk-around posts to the other/misc board of the walk-arounds section. Kits and so on can go there (it isn't just for toys). I can also create individual kit company boards, if there is a demand for it.

AnimalToyForum

I've also been wondering about the walk-around section. Do people think it would be better to arrange the topics within each board alphabetically, instead of by date? It might be more functional that way...

brontodocus

As long as we still have the "Recent" function for the Reviews & walk-arounds shortcut navigation I guess an alphabetical order might indeed be helpful. :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on February 17, 2013, 01:12:55 PM
As long as we still have the "Recent" function for the Reviews & walk-arounds shortcut navigation I guess an alphabetical order might indeed be helpful. :)

Yes, the recent reviews would still be listed in the side bar, and on the recent posts page. The only change would be to the order within the boards. :)

KathyAnderson

How about adding a section for animal toys that aren't really realistic? (like Puppy in my Pocket & Friends):)
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: KathyAnderson on April 23, 2013, 07:38:48 PM
How about adding a section for animal toys that aren't really realistic? (like Puppy in my Pocket & Friends):)

Actually, I was thinking of something along those lines. Maybe a section for cartoony animals and/or cuddly animals, but I'm not sure how popular it would be. I'll wait a little while to see how popular the forum becomes, and if there becomes a real demand for such a section. We are still quite a young forum, only a few months old :)

KathyAnderson

Ok! Sounds like a great idea to me.:)
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

Jetoar

I was thinking that we will do a section of plush animals beause some plush animals are very realist and good reply of the real species. This is a idea.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

I was thinking of reorganising the front page of the forum with a right side bar, to match the dinosaur toy forum. What do you think?

AnimalToyForum

It has been ages since I had any suggestions. Is there still demand for a plush toys section?

Any other requests for features of functionality?

Advicot

I think there should be a plush toy section.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Advicot

Oh and also a Science & Nature, Maia & Borges and Southlands.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Advicot on November 04, 2019, 04:04:00 PM

It's a possibility, I think it might've been discussed before. The reality is that we don't have many members who collect plush toys, but I've no objection in princile to a plush section if there's a demand for it. Anyone else for (or against) a plush section?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Advicot on November 04, 2019, 04:05:00 PM
Oh and also a Science & Nature, Maia & Borges and Southlands.  :)

Since we're phasing out the walk-around sections of the forum in favour of reviews on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, I won't be adding any new categories to that section. i reckon a thread each in the 'dinosaur toy lines' section of the forum will suffice for the above companies, such topics may already exist.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on November 04, 2019, 10:11:34 PM
Quote from: Advicot on November 04, 2019, 04:04:00 PM

It's a possibility, I think it might've been discussed before. The reality is that we don't have many members who collect plush toys, but I've no objection in princile to a plush section if there's a demand for it. Anyone else for (or against) a plush section?

I don't object to it, but I also would never contribute to it. They are welcome on the blogs, so why not the forums?

Isidro

Same reply than Blaine. I have zero interest in plush toys but sometimes I'm amazed by the diversity of species that one can have in plush toy form - maybe even greater than in figure form! So, being an animal toy, they can be indeed included in an animal toy forum :)