Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Orca (Collecta - Sea Life)  (Read 3963 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Orca (Collecta - Sea Life)
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:26:46 AM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Orca (Orcinus orca) Linnaeus, 1758 of Collecta - Sea Life. Total lenght is 220mm. This figure was relased in 2012 and it is avaliable. Orcas are found in all oceans, from the frigid Arctic and Antarctic regions to tropical seas. Killer whales as a species have a diverse diet, although individual populations often specialize in particular types of prey. Some feed exclusively on fish, while others hunt marine mammals such as sea lions, seals, walruses, and even large whales. Orcas are regarded as apex predators, lacking natural predators.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Orca. This figure is a nice representation of this dolphin. The colors are exact and the details are nice.  I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and good acquistion for dolphins collectors. However I think that this figure is very similar to Orca - 2004 (Schleich - Sea Life) (http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,342.0.html). This is a early gift of my girlfriend for Christmas with a Blue Whale, Orca, Bottlenose Dolphin and Manta Ray  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

MariaEvri

• View Profile
Re: Orca (Collecta - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
Looks nice. Reminds me of the schleich orca, what do you think?

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:24:05 PM »
Definitely similar, but I think its a vast improvement over the Schleich counterpart.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »
When I saw it foer first time, I thougth that it was a Schleich bootleg.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal