Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Sperm Whale (Collecta - Sea Life)  (Read 3316 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Sperm Whale (Collecta - Sea Life)
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »
Hello friends, these are the figures of Sperm Whale (Physeter macrocephalus) Linnaeus, 1758 of Collecta - Sea Life. Total lenght is 220mm. This figure was relased in 2012 and it is avaliable. It is the largest of the toothed whales and the largest toothed predator. The sperm whale can be found anywhere in the open ocean. Sperm whales usually dive between 300 to 800 metres (980 to 2,600 ft), and sometimes 12 kilometres to search for food. Such dives can last more than an hour.They feed on several species, notably the giant squid, but also the larger colossal squid, octopuses, and diverse fish like demersal rays, but the main part of their diet consists of medium-sized squid.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the Sperm Whale. This figure is a nice representation of this whale. The colors are exact and the details are nice.  I think that it is cool this animal and acquistion for whales collectors however, I think that this figure should have the head longer and the mouth narrower  :). This is a early gift for Christmas from my parents to me ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Sperm Whale (Collecta - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
however, I think that this figure should have the head longer and the mouth narrower  :).
These are exactly the two things that bothered me, too. Other than that it's a beautiful sculpt with much skin detail and a nice matte paintjob. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Sperm Whale (Collecta - Sea Life)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »
however, I think that this figure should have the head longer and the mouth narrower  :).
These are exactly the two things that bothered me, too. Other than that it's a beautiful sculpt with much skin detail and a nice matte paintjob. :)

Yes friend, they are the things that I would change in this figure, but it is a good replica nowaday  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal