News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Antelope Elegance

Started by OkapiBoy, December 15, 2012, 02:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Hey, nice to see a size comparison of the Papo gemsbok with others. Quite huge, isn't it?
Didn't your Furuta ChocoEgg gemsbok come with the little water pond? :o It should have one:
Quote from: brontodocus on December 15, 2012, 03:40:44 PM

postsaurischian

Of course I also have to show my Gemsbok / Oryx made by Harriet!
She's absolutely beautiful :D and the tag is highly professional ;D!

OkapiBoy

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 21, 2012, 09:30:08 PM
Of course I also have to show my Gemsbok / Oryx made by Harriet!
She's absolutely beautiful :D and the tag is highly professional ;D!

Yeah, so lucky to have gotten one, too :)
It would be interesting to see the subtle color variations on all of these figures.

Ana

Quote from: OkapiBoy on December 19, 2012, 07:05:20 AM
Quote from: Ana on December 16, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
Yes, I do remember, the last 10 copies were impossible to paint because of technical mistake during casting, that was very unlucky indeed :( I'm sorry that You couldn't get it :( I still think I may come back to this specie, probably in completely different pose, maybe in 2013 or 2014 :)

Anyway Kaiyodo Bongo is very beautiful figure, I adore it! :D Congratulations for having it!!!

Beautiful collection Ana, love the bongo antelopes.
OMG, wait, are you the same Ana that sculpted Mojo's Gaur and other animals? :o If you are, WOW! I am very impressed with your work, I just love them! So glad that you are sculpting for Mojo, hope to see more from you in the future.

Yes, it's me, thank You for Your words!!!  :)) :-[ ^-^

brontodocus

You did such an awesome job on the Mojö figures, Ana! :) I can't wait for them getting available in Germany, especially the Gaur. They will be my first Mojö figures.

brontodocus

A walk-around of Papo's Blue or Common Wildebeest, Connochaetes taurinus (Burchell, 1823) from the Wild Animals line or "Les Animaux Sauvages".
The shoulder height of this figure is 79 mm, so corresponding to a shoulder height of adult specimens between 1.18 and 1.45 m the scale would be approx. 1:15 - 1:18.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

I have only the Schleich version but he is a cool figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Still my favourite Gnu figure :).
Papo captured its expression do well!

Battatitan

Indeed, Postsaurischian! All too often Wildebeest are portrayed as seemingly sluggish, dopey animals. Papo, however, have created a superb lively stance for this one  -  he looks great! I am already beginning to visualise so many dioramas....  :))

postsaurischian

Series:   the Study Room, National Science Museum of Tokyo

brontodocus

What an awesome, elegant, and ultra-detailed Bongo model! 8) These Kaiyodo Study Room resins are so small, not much larger than normal capsule figures, but the textures and colourations are unbelievable.

critter

This is one of my all-time favorite figures. I have a hard time even taking it out of its box (it's one of the very few I don't display).

These are wonderful pictures of it! Thank you!!

Ana

Very beautiful, wonderful figure, I love it :D Congratulations for having this treasure in Your collection!!!

Battatitan

Wow  -  beautiful model! One that I've seen photographed many a time and quite fancied it in my own collection.  ;)
Congratulations on a superb figure  ;D

Jetoar

Kaiyodo, magnificen Kaiyodo......... 8).

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Papo Wild Animals Gemsbok, Oryx gazella (Linnaeus, 1758). It's a surprisingly large figure with a snout-vent length of 125 mm, a horn length of 55 mm, and a shoulder height of 91 mm which puts the scale to approx. 1:12 - 1:14. There is a slight asymmetry in the black markings on the face at least on my figure. Human figure (European Father from Miniland Los amigos del Mundo) is approx. 1:13 - 1:14 scale.

Jetoar

My girlfriend wants it  ^-^. This is one of her favorite animals  ^-^.

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar! :) Its only downside is that it's a little too large to be in scale with so many other antelope figures.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 24, 2013, 10:39:52 PM
Thanks, Jetoar! :) Its only downside is that it's a little too large to be in scale with so many other antelope figures.

All in this figure cant be perfect  :).

brontodocus

Walk-around of the CollectA Wild Life Defassa Waterbuck, Kobus ellipsiprymnus defassa (Rüppell, 1835). Snout-vent length is approx. 105 mm and shoulder height 68 mm, so the scale would be between approx. 1:18 and 1:20. The human figure "Andreas Köpke" by minimen is 1:20 scale.