This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Hyacinth Macaw (Schleich)  (Read 3850 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Hyacinth Macaw (Schleich)
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Hyacinth Macaw (Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus) Latham, 1790 of Schleich. Total lenght 95 mm and its wingspan is 85 mm. This figure have been relased in this year. This specie is the largest parrot by length in the world, the Hyacinth Macaw is 100 cm (3.3 ft) long from the tip of its tail to the top of its head and weighs 1.2–1.7 kg.It is one of two extant and one probably extinct species of the South American macaw genus Anodorhynchus

Schleich released long time ago diferents species of tropical birds but this great collection currently, have been retired.  I think that this figure is a great replica of this animal. Colors are very nice and the sculpture, stand and details are very nice also. I think that currently it is a beautiful and great figure for collectors of birds in general but, I think that Safari version of this bird is better. I bought this figure forthe birthday of my girlfriend yesterday  in a store of Cádiz (Spain) ^-^.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:55:50 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Hyacinth Macaw (Schleich)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
While I probably still prefer the Safari Ltd WoW version this one here is very nice and big, too. :) Especially the characteristic long, pointed upper beak was captured very well here. It's also interesting that it's apparently about 10% longer than the Blue & Yellow Macaw, so both could probably be exactly the same scale?

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
While I probably still prefer the Safari Ltd WoW version this one here is very nice and big, too. :) Especially the characteristic long, pointed upper beak was captured very well here. It's also interesting that it's apparently about 10% longer than the Blue & Yellow Macaw, so both could probably be exactly the same scale?

I think the same that you friend. My grirlfriend has the Safari Ltd WoWversión and it is better than this, but Schleich replica is a good replica also. I am not sure that the two figures are scaled because this figures has more less the same size and in the nature this is not true  ^-^.

Takama

• Reviewer
  • Long live Rexy Rue Rue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »
One of the things I like about this brand is all the Birds they make.

this, and the macaws are on my must have list.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
One of the things I like about this brand is all the Birds they make.

this, and the macaws are on my must have list.

Yes, I see that Schleich are doing birds again  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal