This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Bald Eagle - 2001 (Schleich)  (Read 2019 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Bald Eagle - 2001 (Schleich)
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) Linnaeus, 1766 of Schleich. Total lenght 80 mm and its wingspan is 110 mm. This figure was relased in 2001 and it was retired. The Bald Eagle is both the national bird and national animal of the United States of America. In the late 20th century it was on the brink of extirpation in the continental United States. Populations recovered and the species was removed from the U.S. federal government's list of endangered species on July 12, 1995 and transferred to the list of threatened species. It was removed from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife in the Lower 48 States on June 28, 2007.

Schleich released long time ago a line of birds of prey, this great collection currently, have been retired. This figure was one  of this line and the last to dissapear. I think that this figure is a great reply of this animal. I like more the colors of the new versión but the wings of this, they are better than the new replica. Colors are very nice and the sculpture, stand and details are very nice also. I think that currently it is a beautiful and great figure for collectors of birds in general. I bought this figure in a flea market  in Fuengirola( Spain ) yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 01:32:01 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal