Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Orca (Schleich - Sea Life 1:32)  (Read 3172 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Orca (Schleich - Sea Life 1:32)
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Orca (Orcinus orca) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich - Sea Life 1:32. Total lenght is 215 mm. This figure was relased in 1995 and it was retired. Orcas are found in all oceans, from the frigid Arctic and Antarctic regions to tropical seas. Killer whales as a species have a diverse diet, although individual populations often specialize in particular types of prey. Some feed exclusively on fish, while others hunt marine mammals such as sea lions, seals, walruses, and even large whales. Orcas are regarded as apex predators, lacking natural predators.

Schleich have done a lot of figures of animals of land and sea, but they have a great collection of sea animals that currently, they are retired. This figure is a good example of this situation (the same situation that hammer head shark or blue shark). I think that this figure is not bad reply of this animal. Sculpture, stand and details are nice but the pectoral fins are wrong and the head is strange. Other brands have done better figures currently, but this figure in 1995 was a great figure and I think that currently it is a great to see the ancient figures and see the evolution of some brands. I bought this figure in a flea market  in Fuengirola( Spain ) yesterday.

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dragonwolf

• View Profile
Re: Orca (Schleich - Sea Life 1:32)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:59:05 AM »
This is one good-sized model. A hefty 9 inches of plastic goodness with its mouth shut. Tired of seeing models of orcas and great whites with mouths open all the time. We all know what's inside them jaws.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Orca (Schleich - Sea Life 1:32)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
This is one good-sized model. A hefty 9 inches of plastic goodness with its mouth shut. Tired of seeing models of orcas and great whites with mouths open all the time. We all know what's inside them jaws.

It was a good model of is age and one ofthe logest life figures of Schleich  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal