News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013 - [Now Open!]

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 14, 2012, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

I'm delighted to announce the Animal Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013, sponsored by Safari Ltd, is now open! This is our first ever animal diorama contest so I'm especially looking forward to it! I hope you will decide to contribute to ensure our first contest goes off with a bang! We have some excellent prizes up for grabs thanks to our generous sponsor Safari Ltd!

The rules and regulations for the contest are as follows:

-Entry is free.

-All members of The Animal Toy Forum, including staff, are invited to participate. Non-members wishing to participate are invited to register to the forum, this is free.

-There are no categories, just a simple theme of 'wildlife'. Any and all figures, including customised figures, are allowed.

-The deadline for entries is August 30th 2013. (Entries received after 00.00 hours GMT August 30th will be invalid.)

-One diorama entry per member.

-Entries must be accompanied by a creative title.

-If you have entered a diorama, you can't send in another one to replace the first one.

-Dioramas have to be new (never published on the web before) and you must have produced the diorama yourself. Stealing somebody else's diorama will result in disqualification.

-Photoshop is allowed, but the original photograph(s) must be your own.

-Entries will remain anonymous until the winners are announced.

-Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file, between 800 and 1000px wide.

-Entries should be sent via email as an attachment to [email protected]. The email title should read as follows: "animal diorama contest - [forum username]", and the email body should include the diorama title.

-Winners will be selected by a poll open to all Animal Toy Forum members. There will be three winners in first, second and third place respectively (no joint positions). These will be the top three dioramas as selected by the poll. In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created. There will also be three non-prize winning honourable mentions.

-Prizes. A selection of Safari Ltd figures, kindly provided by Safari Ltd, will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. The prizes will be as follows:

1st Place Prize
The first place winner will receive a total of seven Safari Ltd figures! Specifically, choice of seven from the following list:

Wild Safari Capybara
Wild Safari Lesser Kudu
Wild Safari Chimpanzee with baby
Wild Safari Platypus
Wild Safari White rhino
Wild Safari Polar Bear
Wild Safari Polar Bear Cub
Wild Safari North American Wildlife American Badger
Wild Safari North American Wildlife Bison
Wild Safari Meerkats
Wild Safari Zebra
Incredible Creatures White-lipped snail
Incredible Creatures Clown trigger fish
Incredible Creatures Crocodile hatchling
Incredible Creatures Veiled chameleon
Incredible Creatures Bearded dragon

2nd Place Prize
Second place prize will receive five Safari Ltd figures. Specifically, second choice of five figures from the prize list above (i.e choice of those figures remaining after the first place winner has chosen).

3rd Place Prize
Third place prize winner will receive four Safari Ltd figures. Specifically, those figures remaining from the above list after the first and second place winners have chosen.

Questions and queries about the contest can be posted below. Also, for the dinosaur lovers amongst you, the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2013 sponsored by Safari Ltd is also now open.

So, I think the only thing that remains for me to say is "good luck and happy diorama-ing"!

brontodocus

Yay, that's great news! :)
Hmm, what if they send the 2013 WS Dinos Elasmosaurus as a part of the prizes? That would probably mean you'll have to make an entry, too. ;D

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on December 14, 2012, 12:52:19 PM
Yay, that's great news! :)
Hmm, what if they send the 2013 WS Dinos Elasmosaurus as a part of the prizes? That would probably mean you'll have to make an entry, too. ;D

If they send it, I'll review it :) (They also offered to sponsor the DTF diorama contest, but I still need to announce that over on DTF - shh ;))

Jetoar

I look forward to participate in the contest  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

Yes!!! ;D  And it's super neat that Safari's going to sponsor!

Balaur

Can you use figures of animals that have recently gone extinct, like the moa, or maybe pygmy mammoths?
[img width=599
height=300|http://www.desktopwallpapers.org.ua/pic/201111/1280x768/desktopwallpapers.org.ua-9234.jpg[/img]

Hey... humans... Weird animals.

AnimalToyForum

It's early days yet, but that's something I'll consider when the contest begins and I put he rules together.

tyrantqueen

Is there a rough estimate of when we can expect this contest to take place? :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 13, 2013, 06:28:25 PM
Is there a rough estimate of when we can expect this contest to take place? :)

I plan to launch it in a month or two :)

Ana

Wow, that's nice news! I will wait for more info :D

AnimalToyForum

Sorry for the delay but I'm happy to report that contest is now open! Details added to the first post in this thread!

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Yay! 8) So grab your figures out, put new batteries in your cam and here you go! Another good thing about photographing figures is of course that it strengthens the perception of their detail so that's a welcome secondary effect. :) Is there a better way to appreciate your own collection? I can't wait to see the contributions, I know a few members here who already made some really breathtaking diorama photos!

KathyAnderson

I'm so excited! Need to find that missing turtle....I KNOW I want to put it in mine. :)
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

tyrantqueen

In my infinite wisdom I left my preparations a little late....I have an idea of what I want to do but I don't have the figure I need...oh well, I just hope I can get it in time for the deadline :-[

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: KathyAnderson on May 01, 2013, 07:04:33 PM
I'm so excited! Need to find that missing turtle....I KNOW I want to put it in mine. :)

Don't give away any secrets, the entries have to be anonymous  O:-)  :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 01, 2013, 08:10:33 PM
In my infinite wisdom I left my preparations a little late....I have an idea of what I want to do but I don't have the figure I need...oh well, I just hope I can get it in time for the deadline :-[

There are a good four whole months until the deadline, so hopefully you will have time to prepare :)

OkapiBoy

Wow, back -to-back diorama contest! ;D This should be fun ann interesting, can't wait! Good thing we have months to be vreative :D

KathyAnderson

I'm really, REALLY sorry, animaltoyforum! I'll be sure not to say any other secrets.
~Kathy~

KathyAnderson

Grr! My parents said I can't enter the contest. Something about internet safety...:(
~Kathy~