News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

avatar_tyrantqueen

Favourite stores

Started by tyrantqueen, November 24, 2013, 07:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

We have a thread like this on the DTF, so why not one here? List your favourite sellers.

Here are mine.

Stores:

H&H Winners' Circle http://www.handhwc.com/ Lots of everything, but I like it for the AAA casts.

Veghead http://www.veghead.com/catalog/ A good site with lots of retired and rare models, but they do not ship outside of the USA, which sucks for those of us who live elsewhere.

---
Edit - Ebay sellers moved here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,745.0.html

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....


widukind


brontodocus

It's a good idea to open up a thread like this, tyrantqueen! :)

Here are some I frequently use and which I can recommend:
http://www.figuren-spielland.de/
http://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/schleich/index.html
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/
http://www.sandspielfiguren.de/

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 24, 2013, 07:32:15 AM
And I hesitate to add this last one, but here goes anyway:

goldfish-girl  http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=goldfish-girl&rt=nc I don't think the seller ships outsides the states (and the items are only visible on eBay.com) but they seem to have a good variety of models available. I wasn't sure if I should include them because they have stolen photos from other members on this forum :-X I hope it's okay to post this, I don't want to come across as attacking the seller personally, but I think it's important to be honest about these things.
While I still see some other collectors' photos in the listings I'm surprised that none of mine seem to be among them anymore. ??? The photos taken from Adam's review of the Safari Ltd WS Dinos Coelacanth on the Dinosaur Toy Blog are also gone. So that's at least one step forward. :)

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on November 24, 2013, 08:23:05 PM
It's a good idea to open up a thread like this, tyrantqueen! :)

Here are some I frequently use and which I can recommend:
http://www.figuren-spielland.de/
http://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/schleich/index.html
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/
http://www.sandspielfiguren.de/

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 24, 2013, 07:32:15 AM
And I hesitate to add this last one, but here goes anyway:

goldfish-girl http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=goldfish-girl&rt=nc I don't think the seller ships outsides the states (and the items are only visible on eBay.com) but they seem to have a good variety of models available. I wasn't sure if I should include them because they have stolen photos from other members on this forum :-X I hope it's okay to post this, I don't want to come across as attacking the seller personally, but I think it's important to be honest about these things.
While I still see some other collectors' photos in the listings I'm surprised that none of mine seem to be among them anymore. ??? The photos taken from Adam's review of the Safari Ltd WS Dinos Coelacanth on the Dinosaur Toy Blog are also gone. So that's at least one step forward. :)

I've made purchases from goldfish-girl before. She at least ships to Canada (I did have to contact her though)

tyrantqueen

QuoteI've made purchases from goldfish-girl before. She at least ships to Canada (I did have to contact her though)
That's good. However, I tried to purchase an AAA Hawksbill turtle from her store. She told me that although she did ship internationally, but would not ship such a large item (the Hawksbill) overseas. So, I had to get a friend to help with shipping.

To be fair, I suppose it is quite a big model and shipping wouldn't be cheap.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sbell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 24, 2013, 11:58:13 PM
QuoteI've made purchases from goldfish-girl before. She at least ships to Canada (I did have to contact her though)
That's good. However, I tried to purchase an AAA Hawksbill turtle from her store. She told me that although she did ship internationally, but would not ship such a large item (the Hawksbill) overseas. So, I had to get a friend to help with shipping.

To be fair, I suppose it is quite a big model and shipping wouldn't be cheap.

From a seller's perspective, it seems to be it would make the most sense to give the cost of shipping, and let the buyer decide if that is acceptable. If it really is too high, so be it. But I think all of us, at one time or another, have been willing to pay what may have seemed crazy postage to get what we could not otherwise find.

brontodocus

Well, some shops stopped shipping to other countries, though. I remember veghead used to ship internationally but they don't do so anymore. Jumpinglemurs stopped offering international shipping, too (but apparently it's still possible by contacting the seller first). I guess both had bad experiences with international shipping. Often customers would not understand the long time in transit, high shipping rates (especially when it has a tracking id and usually sellers would not send non trackable parcels), customs fees and import tax which have to be paid by the recipient. If the risk is too high to get a negative feedback or claim for refund (even if the seller did everything right) I can understand if a seller decides to stop sending anything internationally.  :-\

tyrantqueen

#7
Quote from: brontodocus on November 25, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
Well, some shops stopped shipping to other countries, though. I remember veghead used to ship internationally but they don't do so anymore. Jumpinglemurs stopped offering international shipping, too (but apparently it's still possible by contacting the seller first). I guess both had bad experiences with international shipping. Often customers would not understand the long time in transit, high shipping rates (especially when it has a tracking id and usually sellers would not send non trackable parcels), customs fees and import tax which have to be paid by the recipient. If the risk is too high to get a negative feedback or claim for refund (even if the seller did everything right) I can understand if a seller decides to stop sending anything internationally.  :-\
I have tried contacting Veghead in the past, asking for international shipping. I even linked them to my collection so they could appreciate I was serious about buying these models ;D The owner told me he is retired and he has to run a farm, and international shipping is too much hassle for him. Fair enough I guess.

I've never understood why some people are so quick to leave negative feedback. I usually only leave it when the seller has ceased all communication, and it's my only option to get my money back.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

animaltoyforum

#8
Good idea for a thread  :) I think it is worth having a separate thread for stores and sellers respectively, so I think this thread can be for stores, and I've set up a separate thread for Ebay sellers here  :)



tyrantqueen

Where's a good place to find Kaiyodo and other Japanese gashapon brands? Is eBay the best place to go?

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Takama

www.tgftoys.com

They have most of the major brands.

sauroid

have you bought from them?

Takama


brontodocus

#13
Sorry for digging out a thread that dates back to the Ediacaran but I thought instead of opening a new one I might just continue this one. Has anyone of you ever bought items from Japan via buyee.jp? I just opened an account today and was quite happy that the fees are apparently not as exorbitant as on Jauce. So anyone had good or bad experiences with them?
Edit: And since I was overexcited, yes, I've already bought something today. Anyways, I might at least share my experiences here later on! :)

sbell

Quote from: Takama and Rex on January 13, 2014, 04:22:47 AM
www.tgftoys.com

They have most of the major brands.

Seeing this thread dug up...I remember when these guys were awesome. And now they're gone.

Just like the original Miniature Zoo. Not the Australian one.