This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Whale shark (CollectA - Sea Life)  (Read 3690 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Whale shark (CollectA - Sea Life)
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Whale shark ( Rhincodon typus ) Smith, 1828 of CollectA - Sea Life. Total lenght is 225 mm . This figure was relased in 2011 and it is avaliable nowadays .

CollectA is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their cattegory of sea life, they have included the whale shark. This figure is a nice representation of this shark. The colors are exact and his texture is very real. They have done a good work with the guills and its mouth. I think that it is the small brother of Schleich figure and a good acquistion for sharks collectors. I bought this figure in Sarasus (toys store) in Madrid two weeks ago ^-^.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:26:43 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Whale shark (CollectA - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »
I thought the same, the paint job is indeed reminiscent of the phantastic Schleich "Seetiere 1:32" (made in Portugal) Whale Shark. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Whale shark (CollectA - Sea Life)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:41:22 AM »
I thought the same, the paint job is indeed reminiscent of the phantastic Schleich "Seetiere 1:32" (made in Portugal) Whale Shark. :)

Yes friend  ^-^, It is great figure, such as Schleich figure. When I saw this figure in the shop I think that it is th Schleich figure but its size was different  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal