News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Feline Toys

Started by KeU, August 21, 2013, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Hello all, just got my account started here.
I was planning on getting some big cat toys and was looking through the reviews here.
Just want to have some recommendations on the figures as not all of them have the reviews.
I am looking for accuracy and detail here.
I think that the Schleich cats have good proportions while PAPO's are excellent overall.
Not sure about Safari, Bullyland and the rest.
Thoughts?

AnimalToyForum

My vote would go to Papo :)

This reminds me, we really need a cats thread in the animal groups section of the forum!

postsaurischian

Yes, Papo is the big cat producer No.1!
I have the male Tiger, the female Lion, the Jaguar, the Cheetah and the Puma. All of these five are going well together (about 1:20) and are beautifully sculpted and painted (see pic).
Only problem for me is the male Lion, but I haven't found a single manufacturer who's making one that pleases me, I'm still waiting.

KeU

Cool, I know what I'm gonna get now.

widukind

Welcome here  :) :)

A nice group, if you dont need in scale look for the Colorata cats  :)

KeU

Quote from: widukind on August 21, 2013, 08:19:41 PM
Welcome here  :) :)

A nice group, if you dont need in scale look for the Colorata cats  :)

They are really small aren't they? They look tiny in the images.
But it's cool they come with their own stands.

tyrantqueen

I don't collect mammals, but I remember liking Papo's and AAA's felines. Papo's kitties are very lifelike, but AAA's are great for their vintage feel and slight stylisation. I remember that AAA also made cubs for their lions and tigers.

You should seek out the Safari Vanishing Wild line- their sculpting is excellent. Sadly, they're discontinued and quite expensive :(

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

KeU

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 22, 2013, 02:58:09 AM
I don't collect mammals, but I remember liking Papo's and AAA's felines. Papo's kitties are very lifelike, but AAA's are great for their vintage feel and slight stylisation. I remember that AAA also made cubs for their lions and tigers.

You should seek out the Safari Vanishing Wild line- their sculpting is excellent. Sadly, they're discontinued and quite expensive :(

OHHHH... I finally know which lineup my Snow Leopard is from!!!! I got her (female Snow Leopard) as a gift years ago and have no idea that she is from the Vanishing Wild line. I've got to agree, their big cats look good, even though a little exaggerated.

KeU

Got my big cats. Decided on PAPO. Thank you everyone for their advice.
These guys are fantastic.
Just really really minor complains about my lion's dark color and that the jaguar turned out smaller than the leopard.
Hope they'll release a snow leopard figure soon.

KeU

Did you guys hear?? Snow Leopard from PAPO next year! And a new Lion as well.

brontodocus

Yes, I saw it! :) From what I saw I like the Snow Leopard a lot. The head may look a little small but that's also characteristic for the species. :)

KeU

Well, I guess it's due to its extra fluffy coat, making the body look bigger.
No PAPO Giganotosaurus for me next year but the Snow Leopard and Dilophosaurus more than make up for it.