Author Topic: Deep-sea fish  (Read 46139 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Deep-sea fish
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »
Excellent, never seen those before! :o 8) So there is no info on the company then? :'( Where were they from?

dinocat62

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05:21 AM »
I've had these a long time. Can't recall the company. It came with some other figures like a vampire squid and football fish. Not done that well. These I've never seen duplicated.

OkapiBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 12:57:11 AM »
Safari's toob figures
[]

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
Really nice figures, a perfect gift for my girlfriend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
I look forward to when these are available from the Canadian distributor. Everything here seems to move in a weird slow motion...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:37:35 AM by sbell »

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Does the Safari Ltd tube come with documentation naming the individual species?

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
The Dragonfish looks great and it seems the Humpback Anglerfish is even better than the Kaiyodo Atlas Anima version! :)

OkapiBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 02:47:32 AM »
Oddly and unfortunately, the toob did not come with any information about the figures, unlike the prehistoric sharks and crocs :(

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 03:09:02 AM »
Oddly and unfortunately, the toob did not come with any information about the figures, unlike the prehistoric sharks and crocs :(

That was part of an initiative by Safari to be environmentally conscious (and I'm sure spend less on production). Even toobs that have them now will not in future runs. However, there is info on their website (but I will admit it is nowhere near as informative or interesting as on the crocs or sharks toobs, since I helped ith the text on those too!).

Archosaur

• I'm Sauropodlet on DTF and Archosaur on ATF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
That was part of an initiative by Safari to be environmentally conscious (and I'm sure spend less on production). Even toobs that have them now will not in future runs.

I was wondering why the prehistoric crocs tube had an info sheet and the sharks didn't... in other news, I guess the sharks sell better than the crocs, given that they were already out of stock on sharks with info sheets but still had the crocs with the info sheets. It's too bad, because I was really happy with the croc info, especially since they gave "Special thanks to" but then failed to thank anyone.  :)

stemturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »
That was part of an initiative by Safari to be environmentally conscious (and I'm sure spend less on production). Even toobs that have them now will not in future runs.

I was wondering why the prehistoric crocs tube had an info sheet and the sharks didn't... in other news, I guess the sharks sell better than the crocs, given that they were already out of stock on sharks with info sheets but still had the crocs with the info sheets. It's too bad, because I was really happy with the croc info, especially since they gave "Special thanks to" but then failed to thank anyone.  :)

The info sheet that came with my prehistoric shark toob says “special thanks to the T.rex Discovery Centre, Eastend, Saskatchewan.”  Forum member Sbell, who was the museum director there at the time, was Safari’s advisor. He should also be credited as advisor for the Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob, although I do not have that info sheet. In addition to the labels, Safari marks the identification on the bottom of their figures.

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »

The info sheet that came with my prehistoric shark toob says “special thanks to the T.rex Discovery Centre, Eastend, Saskatchewan.”  Forum member Sbell, who was the museum director there at the time, was Safari’s advisor. He should also be credited as advisor for the Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob, although I do not have that info sheet. In addition to the labels, Safari marks the identification on the bottom of their figures.

That's me! Yeah, they made an error with the crocs sheet. The shark sheet was done right though!  Online, there is a link to the Trex site, but honestly, since they let 'restructured their core purpose' it isn't worth visiting (the site I mean. The place is alright even if it will never achieve what I had hoped for it).

PteraspisEMMA

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 02:43:02 AM »
Don't forget about these little fellows:   :)

Same species as Brontodocus mentioned previously.

I very much so love these figures! Been looking for them for a long time. Would you been interested in a trade at all??

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »
A lot of interesting figurines here :)

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »
[in addition to some already shown here] I have some Chap-Mei deep sea fish, no species assigned to them and most are somewhat nonsensical, but a few are not half bad

PteraspisEMMA

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »
[in addition to some already shown here] I have some Chap-Mei deep sea fish, no species assigned to them and most are somewhat nonsensical, but a few are not half bad

How big are they? I'd love to see them!

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
the largest is a generic anglerfish about 10 inches long
I'll see if I can find them

PteraspisEMMA

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
the largest is a generic anglerfish about 10 inches long
I'll see if I can find them

Thanks! Yeah, I'd love to see them!

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
I found them, in with the Dino Valley figures
now I just need to find my camera (been cleaning)

PteraspisEMMA

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2014, 02:02:22 AM »
I found them, in with the Dino Valley figures
now I just need to find my camera (been cleaning)

Nice! Can't wait to see!