This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Humphead Wrasse (Aquameridian Limited - Part 1)  (Read 4719 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Humphead Wrasse (Aquameridian Limited - Part 1)
« on: July 30, 2013, 06:18:30 PM »
The new Aquameridian figures are a feast for the eyes, as detailed and beautiful as the best similar sized Japanese gashapon figures. All figures come with the same 37*37 mm base with LED lighting and for each individual figures there are three different adhesive labels with the vernacular name (either in English, Japanese, or Chinese) and the scientific name. This is a walk-around of the Part 1 Humphead Wrasse or Napoleon Fish, Cheilinus undulatus Rüppell, 1835. This species is the largest known member of the Labridae or wrasses, attaining up to 2.29 m total length (TL, i.e.: including the caudal fin). Due to overfishing it has been listed "Endangered" by IUCN. The length of the adult figure is approx. 61 mm standard length (SL, i.e. without caudal fin) and approx. 72 mm total length (TL), so the scale for the adult would be between 1:9 and 1:37. The human figures are approx. 1:32 - 1:35 scale (diver from Safari Ltd Coral Reef Toob) and 1:35 scale (paleontologist from the Tamiya Dinosaur Diorama series). The juvenile figure is 19 mm SL and 23 mm TL, respectively.
Here's a link to the figure at its home at Aquameridian Limited: http://aqua-meridian.com/en/potostackgallery/product-part-1/clickin_hhwrasse-chinese-2/

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:37:31 PM by brontodocus »

postsaurischian

• View Profile
Re: Humphead Wrasse (Aquameridian Limited - Part 1)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
 :D Wow, it's beautiful! I love the paintjob and the scale.

What a great series :)!

~The Mandarin~

• Kaiyodo, Kitan Club & Yujin collector
    • View Profile
    • ~The Mandarin~'s Flickr album
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:20:30 AM »
Hooray for another beautiful humphead wrasse!  ^-^

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »
Many thanks, Helge & The Mandarin! :) I've just checked my totally ridiculous waste of time of an Excel table - it's funny that the Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 Humphead Wrasse (which has a similarly detailed paint job) is exactly the same length at 72 mm! ;D

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
This brand is amazinf and the Napoleon fish is very nice. Lighs are a big point for this figure and the brand  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
Aquameridian Humphead Wrasse walk-around images repaired. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal