News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

avatar_copper

gaur bull and longhorn bull available?

Started by copper, July 27, 2013, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

anyone know when mojo's gaur bull and papo's texas longhorn bull will hit the stores?

i hope this is the right place to post this topic..


sbell

Quote from: copper on July 27, 2013, 06:30:44 PM
anyone know when mojo's gaur bull and papo's texas longhorn bull will hit the stores?

i hope this is the right place to post this topic..

As far as I've heard, the Mojo 2013 releases should be out in late August.

Someone should really explain seasons to them--specifically, when might zoos and museums be most interested in having the stock on their shelves? (hint: when the most customers are there--which is rarely the fall).

copper

Quote from: sbell on July 27, 2013, 09:19:52 PM
As far as I've heard, the Mojo 2013 releases should be out in late August.

Someone should really explain seasons to them--specifically, when might zoos and museums be most interested in having the stock on their shelves? (hint: when the most customers are there--which is rarely the fall).

ugh i don't understand it either... seems like papo is a late releaser as well : /

brontodocus

Hmmm, that's still a long time until I can grab myself that Gaur... :-\

Takama

The Longhorn looks good in the catalog but.



Its a big cartoonish disappointment

photo from STS Forum.

tyrantqueen

#5
I don't think it looks that bad. "Cartoony" (basically meaning stylised) is only bad if the anatomy is off. Maybe the sculpting style isn't to everyone's tastes, but I don't see any glaring errors. I'd have preferred a more realistic, detailed look, but I guess that's down to personal preference.

The Phat Capybara was quite stylised too, but ended up being decent.


They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

OkapiBoy

Quote from: Rex on August 29, 2013, 12:21:33 AM
The Longhorn looks good in the catalog but.



Its a big cartoonish disappointment

photo from STS Forum.


Oh myyy, I hate to say it but Schleich's version is much much better looking than this one :)) Good to know, it is now officially off my wish list...

postsaurischian

 :o I refuse to believe that this is a 2013 Papo sculpt until I see it for real .... it just doesn't look like one.  ....... really disappointing.

Takama

Quote from: OkapiBoy on August 29, 2013, 07:17:02 PM
Quote from: Rex on August 29, 2013, 12:21:33 AM
The Longhorn looks good in the catalog but.



Its a big cartoonish disappointment

photo from STS Forum.


Oh myyy, I hate to say it but Schleich's version is much much better looking than this one :)) Good to know, it is now officially off my wish list...

I agree with you. 

sauroid


copper

uhg! if that's the real and final papo version... huge disappointment.