News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New online store! In Canada! Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables!

Started by sbell, June 20, 2013, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Just wanted to give a quick update--the Burbot, Starry sturgeon and Hagfish are now up on the site! Along with the rest of the series!

https://faunafigures.com/category/brand/fauna-figures-fishes/

sbell

Who wants a quick update?

I do!

Really, it's more like news--I have put most of the store on sale until December.

And, like always for Canada, free shipping on orders over $75 to the USA!

https://faunafigures.com/2016-season-holiday-savings/

sbell

It happened! I actually got Safari 2017 figures in, in 2016!

Not the full assortment yet, but a whole bunch of them!

https://faunafigures.com/product-tag/safaridec2016/

Also check out my store-wide sale and shipping offer!

https://faunafigures.com/2016-season-holiday-savings/

sbell

Look! Even more stuff came in!

They just made it to Canada! The rest of the Safari dinosaurs!

They made a little pit stop at a local rest stop, to visit (fake) badlands!

And yes, there is a full-scale T.rex statue! (the Safari one is on his toe...)

And it is really as impressive as everyone has said--they all are.

Also, a few others made it as well--mako sharks, Kermode bears and Hoffman's sloths (who, admittedly, seem less at home on Badlands)!

Everything can be found here https://faunafigures.com/product-tag/safari2017/

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Quote from: Jetoar on January 25, 2017, 10:26:49 PM
Wondeful pictures Sbell  ^-^.

Thanks! It seemed like such a good opportunity while I was driving by anyway! Really, I may need to stop any time I pick something up across the border! In the summer, the building is open with even more dino displays!

sbell

I'm being a little disingenuous here...because I don't have them on the site yet.

But I'm just really excited that the next wave of Fauna Fishes have arrived! Black Ghost knifefish, Motoro freshwater ray, and South American lungfish!

Plus, a couple more burbot, and a bowfin in the phase 2 colours...time to update the TAI...

I will get them up on the site in the next couple days. I still need to QC them, photograph them, get them on the site...but guys! Black ghost knife!

sbell

sbell

This always takes longer than it should...but the fish are now on the site!

https://faunafigures.com/product/faunafigures-fishes-wave-4-south-america/

Yay, lungfish! And stingrays! And knifefish!

moreta56

Hello Sean and good luck with the store! How's that catfish lol? And are you going to put any of the Aussie Lost Kingdom dinos in your store, I can help you stock it lol!

Christine

sbell

Quote from: moreta56 on October 27, 2017, 08:18:46 AM
Hello Sean and good luck with the store! How's that catfish lol? And are you going to put any of the Aussie Lost Kingdom dinos in your store, I can help you stock it lol!

Christine

It's been okay, but lots of supply issues (no good distribtuion of some important brands anymore...).

So far I haven't done things like the older models...I wasn't planning on it though! ;)

And the catfish is doing very well with the other Yowies! It's a pretty full shelf now...

sbell

I'm sorry, I haven't updated for a while, my bad.

But--the latest creation with Brandon!

Ornate bichir! new and improved Polypterus model!

They aren't on the site yet, I still need to prep them and such--but it's very exciting to have this species on offer! They're bigger than the first models, and I think it helped with some of the details! More soon!

AnimalToyForum

sbell

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 09, 2018, 04:29:08 PM
Very nice!

Is Brandon an ATF member?

I...don't know. Except for the fish he does for me, I think he mostly concerns himself with prehistoric animals.

But he should be.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sbell on August 09, 2018, 04:39:38 PM
Very nice!

I...don't know. Except for the fish he does for me, I think he mostly concerns himself with prehistoric animals.

But he should be.

He'd be very welcome. :)

sbell

I think I had mentioned before that with the help of Brandon DeMoss, FaunaFigures Fishes have been revived!

The first model is representative of the direction now--the models are a little bigger, and more detailed. And this first one, a revisit to Polypterus, really helps give the fish some real life!

As before, each one is hand-cast and hand-painted, so every single one looks a little different (this one in the photo is mine--it has a chipped first finlet, but the rest are good).

There are some on the site now--but the numbers will be limited. Instead of producing a few at a time, several times, we will do a modest size run, and then kind of move on (the next model is already in it's modelling stages, maybe casting...it's really cool!)

The figure is available https://faunafigures.com/product/faunafigures-fishes-ornate-bichir/

They now come in a little box, with a label! And a newly designed card--all bearing a new logo for the line!

Drawn by my niece from a photo of one of my bichirs...and reworked into a logo by my wife...it's a good thing I know talented people! But I did write out the card and site info!

And if you want to read more about the line, the fish, and why on earth I like bichirs...you can go https://faunafigures.com/faunafigures-fishes-are-back-and-a-personal-moment/ (a blog post on the store site...)

But more importantly...more pictures!

And to compare the original P. senegalus with the new P. orantipinnis:

Hope you like it!

Brandem

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 09, 2018, 10:46:21 PM
Very nice!

But he should be.

Sbell is right I should be a member, I like all animals though i do sculpt  primarily extinct ones. I might say lets me use my imagination a bit more but really I think flaws are a lot less noticeable when you can't hold a model up to the living breathing thing.

Though sculpting fish for fauna figures is a lot of fun.

sbell

Quote from: Brandem on August 31, 2018, 06:59:26 PM
Very nice!

But he should be.

Sbell is right I should be a member, I like all animals though i do sculpt  primarily extinct ones. I might say let's me use my imagination a bit more but really I think flaws are a lot less noticeable when you can't hold a model up to the living breathing thing.

Welcome Brandon!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Brandem on August 31, 2018, 06:59:26 PM
Very nice!

But he should be.

Sbell is right I should be a member, I like all animals though i do sculpt  primarily extinct ones. I might say let's me use my imagination a bit more but really I think flaws are a lot less noticeable when you can't hold a model up to the living breathing thing.

Welcome! Glad you decided to sign up here. 8)