News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New online store! In Canada! Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables!

Started by sbell, June 20, 2013, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

So many exclamation marks!

I had mentioned this briefly on the DTF but after leaving the museum I just missed the figures & store far too much, so I decided to start up as a small online retailer.  I currently have modern & prehistoric figures from Geoworld, Mojo and CollectA (Safari is taking its time...) and eagerly awaiting the 2013 from all of them.

The important thing is that I'm up and running (I hope...).

The store can be found at http://faunafigures.com/. Anyone who wants to take a look, I'm all for it. If you find any glitches, errors or bugs please let me know!

Oh yeah, feel free to buy something  ;D

But seriously, let me know if anything is going wrong. It is currently set up for North American postage but I can find and set up beyond (it's just a harder one to have there).

And yes, I'm still fine-tuning many little things!

Battatitan

Excellent!  A collector can never have too many suppliers.  ;)  Your site seemed to work fine for me. I think the navigation is very effective, especially with the option searching through time period.

sbell

Well, I've thought about it for a long time--and since I built a few connections over the last few years I decided it was time to go for it. Hopefully I dont' stay small for too long!

And I have to admit, the dino/bio-geek in me had to have the different methods of navigating, it's like creating a giant GUI for a database! Although I have to give most of the credit for the site actually working to my long-suffering wife who is the actual web designer. I have ideas, she makes it work (eventually. Sometimes she even continues to speak to me! ;D).

AnimalToyForum

Best of luck with your store Sbell. The site looks very good.

sbell

Battatitan

Quote from: sbell on June 21, 2013, 06:30:46 AM
I have to admit, the dino/bio-geek in me had to have the different methods of navigating, it's like creating a giant GUI for a database! Although I have to give most of the credit for the site actually working to my long-suffering wife who is the actual web designer. I have ideas, she makes it work (eventually. Sometimes she even continues to speak to me! ;D).

Well, both you and your wife have not only appeased the dino/bio-geeks among us but also helped to educate the young collectors.  :)
Congratulations to both of you, and best of luck :)

sauroid

brontodocus

blackdanter

:)
Great idea. Hope it works out Sean. Keep us updated on stock  ;)

sbell

Quote from: blackdanter on June 26, 2013, 11:20:36 AM
:)
Great idea. Hope it works out Sean. Keep us updated on stock  ;)

I hope so too! ;) And I will keep things updated (Safari is on its way, for example--I should have it in a few days).

sbell

And a quick update! I have now received and uploaded all of the Safari figures that I received!

Of all of them, the new wolverine was the most pleasant surprise--that thing is huge! It would almost be Megalictis compared to the Schleich or Mojo.

http://faunafigures.com/

Also great--the dragons. I had to get a few of those after all!

sbell

Bit of news--between moving, changing jobs and a site malfunction, FaunaFigures was offline, but it is back up now and should be working properly again. In a few days I should have the Replica Toy Fish figures added as well.

Jetoar

Wonderful store Sbell. I like the groups of figures, very original  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Thanks Jetoar (how'd I miss that comment?)

Anyway...

Good news everyone! ;D

CollectA 213 has landed in Canada--most importantly, online, from me!

(That is, once the photo actually works...EDIT--I think it does now)

They can all be seen in up-close glory here

And yes, a few are from earlier years, but I just got them in, so they get to sneak into the photo. See if you can spot which ones!

sbell

Another quick update--I now have the rest of the Safari 2013 figures I am expecting!

So the Carnegie Concavenator, Black Fox, and Cerberus are in.

Also have the WS Giant Squid and a few more Aerion figures in too. Neat bunch of animals!

sbell

Another update! I posted elsewhere for a specific reason, but I have just uploaded my discussion of the Replica Toy Fish figures, featured on the Fauna Figures website:

http://faunafigures.com/featured-creatures-replica-toy-fish-company/

And you can see my versions of dioramas! Also known as why I don't enter the contests!

sbell

Okay, more updating! Finally have the first wave of 2013 MOJO figures in.

I have to say, they are overall pretty awesome. One thing that stands out is their paint--it feels less smooth, less glossy. Maybe it's more of a matte finish, but the figures feel more like figures than toys because of it. Maybe that's just me.

sbell

Wow. Haven't written here for a while.

Anyway, the good news--I just got a bunch of the late 2013 and some of the 2014 figures for the store.

Bad news--I'm not going to be able to take orders for the next couple weeks due to schedules and updates. So they'll be up around the 17th of May. I am also working on an improved (I hope) shipping policy now that I have some data to work with, figuring out what works and what doesn't.

sbell

So I finally got my latest Mojo figures up--all of 2013 finally made it to Canada (there's a behind-the-times joke in there somewhere), plus a few 2014 ones, like the Thhylacine, Pegasus, Unicorn and snowy owl. The other 2014s missed the boat first time in, so they might be here...later?

Anyway, I wrote up a little bit about the 2013 figures here. Someday I will be better organized to do more writing up and such.

Now if I could just get the site to work right, so I could update the shipping policy...

sbell

Hi Everybody!

So we've revamped the site--mostly the same, but with some changes to make navigating easier:

http://faunafigures.com/the-news-post-new-layout-new-options-new-shipping-policy/

Also opened up shipping locations and payment options (sort of--contact me).

And for Canadian buyers there is now a free-ship incentive.

And soon--soon--I will get another post up about the new stuff I just got in!
(Note: I'll be copy-pasting this on the DTF as well).