News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Chondricthyans

Started by sbell, December 09, 2012, 07:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: sphyrna18 on March 11, 2013, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: Varanus on March 09, 2013, 01:29:43 AM
Common Torpedo by an unknown company.

Nice find! This figure is produced by Nayab as part of their Deep Sea World series.
You can see the Torpedo Ray here (middle of the top left box):

http://www.nayab.com.hk/Products.php?currDir=./Animal_Kingdom/New_Items&pageType=image&image=16.jpg&startFrom=1

Woohoo! Just one one on ebay. Now  omes the waiting.

brontodocus

Ah, so it's Nayab then! :) The other colour variant is nice, too. I'll keep my eyes open for one.

sbell

Quote from: sphyrna18 on March 11, 2013, 05:49:06 PM
Very nice find! I got this figure from an Ebay seller a few weeks ago. It's a really good figure for a really low price.  It's produced by Nayab as part of their Deep Sea World series. Mine was sold with a Scalloped Hammerhead Shark and Moray Eel as a set and was released by a company called Lontic. They also have released Nayab's Arctic and Antarctic Aniamals series.

This figure can be seen in the set in the upper left corner of the page here:
http://www.nayab.com.hk/Products.php?currDir=./Animal_Kingdom/New_Items&pageType=image&image=16.jpg&startFrom=1

Such an inconsistent company--I have several of their smaller figures (coati, for example) which are pretty good, but many are just awful.

Although I've seen many of those offered by FUL or Waiphoon as the manufacturer (and some questions are answered--like who makes the mystery Placerias!).

stemturtle

Quote from: sbell on March 12, 2013, 01:56:54 AM
Very nice find! I got this figure from an Ebay seller a few weeks ago. It's a really good figure for a really low price.  It's produced by Nayab as part of their Deep Sea World series. Mine was sold with a Scalloped Hammerhead Shark and Moray Eel as a set and was released by a company called Lontic. They also have released Nayab's Arctic and Antarctic Aniamals series.

Such an inconsistent company--I have several of their smaller figures (coati, for example) which are pretty good, but many are just awful.

Although I've seen many of those offered by FUL or Waiphoon as the manufacturer (and some questions are answered--like who makes the mystery Placerias!).

Sbell, thanks for solving the mystery that Nayab is the manufacturer of the "Chinasaur"  Placerias, Item 122 in link:
http://www.nayab.com.hk/Products.php?pageType=image&currDir=./Animal_Kingdom/Dinosaurs&image=D-5.jpg&startFrom=0
How about a post on the DTF?

postsaurischian

:) Pegasus Hobbies 1:18  Great White Shark
                           > buit up & painted by Martin Garratt

Bernyto

Wonderfull! The great shark is magnificient, and the cage, where have you bought?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bernyto on April 09, 2013, 04:16:43 PM
Wonderfull! The great shark is magnificient, and the cage, where have you bought?

I got it from CultTVMan's Hobby Shop.
It's also available from Amazon.

Bernyto

Thanks a lot! I like a lot the kit with the  white shark and cage but to paint it is very difficult!

Jetoar

One of the best reply of this shark of the world  ^-^
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

What an awesome model and awesome paint work Martin Garratt did (could it be that painting the diver was actually more difficult than painting the shark itself?). :) And it's nice to see that he also painted ampullae of Lorenzini around the shark's mouth. The wide lateral keel on the tail peduncle looks very good. And regarding the diver as a scale figure, a Great White Shark of that size might probably have a proportionally smaller head (which the model obviously has) and would certainly be a female - and there are no claspers on the pelvic fins of this one. The overall proportions are absolutely phantastic! :)

PteraspisEMMA

Quote from: Varanus on December 12, 2012, 12:58:10 AM
Looking a third time, I agree; the eyes also look way to big to be bramble. :)

Here's a new one:

A curious little Zebra Shark figure with no labeling.  The large hole on its belly suggests it's meant to be a pencil topper.
http://search.ustoy.com/m/p/2379/

widukind

Can you tell me the seller please??? A very interesting figure :)

widukind

Quote from: Jetoar on December 10, 2012, 04:05:48 PM
Quote from: sbell on December 10, 2012, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 10, 2012, 09:15:10 AM
Quote from: sbell on December 09, 2012, 11:10:34 PM
As for pictures, it's going to take me some time...it turns out i have 151 different figures of living chondricthyans. I probably won't take group shots though--I already have individual ones, but it takes forever to put them up.
And that's 50 more than what I have in my photo (which combines extant and extinct ones). So it may be hard to find a neutral background for getting all of them into one photo, anyways. I did this group shot in spring because I bought larger boxes for my chondrichthyan figures and before i stowed them away (which often means not seeing them in a while) I took the picture.

Yeah, there is that too--I would need quite the wide-angle lens in order to fit everything. And considering how tiny some of them are, it wouldn't be very clear anyway.

And since I'm at it, more K&M sharks!

First, shark toob:

In order of appearance, from top to bottom:
Bull shark, Lemon shark, Leopard shark, Blue Shark, Japanese Sawshark (yes, a true sawSHARK), Zebra shark, Blacktip Reef Shark, Whale Shark, Hammerhead shark, Great White shark, Port Jackson horn shark, Tiger shark

These sharks are...okay. The sawshark is a good one, but the overall quality of this set is characteristic of most of K&M (=Wild Republic) these days--bad paint, bad sculpts, little creativity.

Compare to an older set from their heyday (~1998-2002):

The Exotic Sharks set (I only have a few of these still--I kept the rarest ones!):

From top to bottom:
Hammerhead shark, Whale shark, Swell shark, Caribbean reef shark, Lemon shark, Great white shark.

These were bin figures, but were great sculpts, great paint, and very dynamic. I only have the Swell and Reef shark now (I have pictures of everything I've had though!) and they are quite hard to find now as well.

I have some figures of this collection, I will share images of my collection  ^-^.

Wow, the older set is a dream, i never know the carribian reef shark before, but now i will search for this phantastic shark :) :)

~The Mandarin~

This is the Giant oceanic manta ray (Manta birostris) from Nature Techni Colour - Kaiyukan Aquarium, Osaka collection. The figurine measures approximately 5.5cm long x 5.2cm wide which brings the scale around 1:127.

~The Mandarin~

This is the Whale shark (Rhincodon typus) from Nature Techni Colour - Kaiyukan Aquarium, Osaka collection. The figurine measures approximately 9cm long from head to tail which brings the scale around 1:110. The Kaiyukan Aquarium version of the figurine appears to be a repaint of the Nature Techni Colour - Ocean 1 version which is light grey in colour.

Jetoar

Jetoar

It is very nice. Cool stand of wather   ^-^.

brontodocus

Great photos, The Mandarin, and like nearly all Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour figures a truly amazing figure and a nice mini diorama. :)

brontodocus

Yes, I guess it's a repaint of the Ocean 1 Whale Shark. :) But the clear base, although very similar in design, seems to be an entirely new one.

Ana

Very lovely one, beautiful sculpture and great colours too :) Thank you for sharing :D