This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Blue-footed booby (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)  (Read 4366 times)

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
Blue-footed booby (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)
« on: June 09, 2013, 04:07:05 PM »
Here's a walk-around of the Blue-footed booby (Sula nebouxii) by Furuta. It looks a little imbalanced but I think intentionally so, with one leg raised off the ground, as the booby is doing its ritualistic courtship dance. Quite seductive. You will see from the photos, a little bit has chipped off the raised leg, which happened when I was putting it together. The joints in these Furuta models are often a poor fit, some of them don't fit without some modification, and so I've snapped more than one with my impatience. In the end I gave up on this one, until Himmapaan, with the most meticulous care, kindly trimmed the joint and constructed the figure for me. Edit - I've just noticed the last two photographs below, in juxtaposition, result in an amusing image!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:08:38 PM by animaltoyforum »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Blue-footed booby (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:26:56 AM »
Very cute bobby, I like it  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Blue-footed booby (Furuta - ChocoEgg Series 6)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:04:18 PM »
Such a nice figure even despite the obvious seams. :) I remember I had a hard time putting it together, too. Although thankfully I didn't break anything, phew.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal