Author Topic: Recent acquisitions  (Read 553775 times)

Beetle guy

• View Profile
Re: Recent acquisitions
« Reply #1700 on: January 10, 2019, 12:48:10 PM »
I would reclamate it. The shop must see the quite big difference in the model.

There is so much difference it looks almost another articlenumber (perhaps older/newer version). I have seen in Google a huge variety in paint job qaulity. There is, I think (like in older CapsuleQ Museum figurines) also a big quality gap between the promotional picture and the real thing..

If that is the case, repaint is a good option.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:48:39 PM by Beetle guy »
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
I would reclamate it. The shop must see the quite big difference in the model.

There is so much difference it looks almost another articlenumber (perhaps older/newer version). I have seen in Google a huge variety in paint job qaulity. There is, I think (like in older CapsuleQ Museum figurines) also a big quality gap between the promotional picture and the real thing..

If that is the case, repaint is a good option.

Reclamation may not help. Often shops use prototype promotional figures from the manufacturer and they may not have figures that look like what you wanted.

Beetle Guy was right about another thing also. Figures are painted in different factories and with major manufacturers (Safari, CollectA) you can get varying degrees of quality. And yes, for some reason, you tend to get better paint applications if you get the figure in the first release when it first comes out.

For what it's worth, STS forum members had similar experiences with this same figure!!!!

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 10, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
Thanks for your replies! Yes, for sure the perfectly pained snow leopard of the link is the promotional picture. Then they probably painted first items good, but after years of production they lowered the quality. Look like repainting is the most reasonable option.

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Finally I decided to repaint it, tough I only have some aquarel pencils and the result is not fully satisfactory, however is better than what I had.

This is my complete collection now, with the figurines added this year :-)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:00:14 PM by Isidro »

Beetle guy

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 11, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »
Nice collection!!

I use acryllic model paint with synthetic brushes, if you have the patience to work in very thin layers, results are really good!
Your keen eye for detail comes in handy too ^-^
To beetle or not to beetle.