News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Weaver's Animal Art

Started by weaver, April 28, 2013, 11:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weaver

My name is Weaver (or Liz) and this intro-post will have no art or anything on it. What I want to have here is a list of what I'm working on, plans and musings.

Working on:
-SCHOOL ART
-working on dip-pen fun-times
-SCHOOL ART
-inserting dinosaurs and other critters into SCHOOL ART
-SCHOOL ART

Plans:
-To have a life someday?

weaver

In Printmaking, we had a fun project that soon, I shall be able to show the final results of it to you all. Design a critter based on living animals and aah, I had fun with it. I think I'll post this on the animal forum as well. Anyway, here was the finalized design (minus background) of the critter:

They may be franken-monsters but, I like em. Animal-parts are as follows:

-Male Babirusa Tusks
-Red River Hog Ears
-Domestic Sheep Nose
-Giant Pangolin Scales
-Malayan Tapir Feet
-Male Red Junglefowl Tail and Feathers
-Generalized Cuttlefish Eyes
-Zebra Duiker Body (Scaled up and minus stripes)
-Brahman Cattle Dewlap

Tomorrow, I'll post the final print (reductive linoleum print) for you all to see.

KathyAnderson

Strange & really interesting! A GREAT drawing. :)
I like Puppy in my Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop.
~Kathy~

weaver

Here it is! The final print of the beastie-above. Man, I love the process but keeping track of how I registered each color on top of each other is evil. That's something I shall have to get better at.

@KathyAnderson: Thank you! Our goal was to create a 'believable' creature and I think I succeeded. Got my printmaking protfolio back and I have all A's so.. yay!

brontodocus

Wow, that turned out wonderful, Liz! :) Almost unbelievable that's a linoleum print. :o

Ana

Great print, I love the atmosphere in it and colors and idea for those crazy hybrid creatures, congratulations for fantastic job!  8) :))

KathyAnderson

You're welcome, Liz! Yeah, I think you succeeded in making a believable creature. :) Good job!
~Kathy~

weaver

Hello folks! I've been playing around with a sheet of Bogus Recycled Rough Sketch Paper by Bee Paper and I love this paper.

Counter-Clockwise from the top-left:

-Peter's Duiker (male)

- Pair of Gemsbok (males)

-Addax (male)

-eh... goofy bird?

-stylized fox

-Brown Bear

-Caribou

The Duiker, Gemsbok, Addax, and Brown Bear were all take from reference matierials. Bear, found on google image-search, bovidae found on fuckyeahungulates.tumblr.com. This paper is my new best friend. <3

Artwork (c) Liz Smith/Weavercat  2013.

AnimalToyForum

Great stuff, I especially like the fox  :D

KathyAnderson

Cool! You are really creative!:)
~Kathy~

weaver

Thank you so much Dr. Admin, I will definitely be doing more of these. <3 And thank you too Kathy, I'm thoroughly enjoying this paper and how useful it is.

KathyAnderson

You're welcome! Thank you for saying thank you! :)
~Kathy~

weaver

How do you all feel about watching live drawing-sessions? If you're up to it, I will share in progress artwork in video.

KathyAnderson

~Kathy~

KathyAnderson

Thanks! I'll watch it later! :)
~Kathy~