Townsend's Big-eared Bat (Safari Ltd - Incredible Creatures)

Started by brontodocus, April 19, 2013, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Walk-around of this year's new Safari Ltd Incredible Creatures Townsend's Big-eared Bat, Corynorhinus (Plecotus) townsendii Cooper, 1837. Really, I could not think of a better bat replica! Snout-vent length is approx. 90 mm plus 45 mm tail, wing span measures approx. 275 mm in direct line but would stretch out to approx. 315 mm if the wings were less folded. This makes it almost perfectly life-sized - only the ear length at 45 mm falls a little outside of the range for the species (up to 39 mm).
Here's a link to the figure at Safari Ltd: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/incredible-creatures%C2%AE-townsends-big-eared-bat

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

animaltoyforum

Beautiful sculpt. Was the contrast between the colour of the wing membrane and arms/digits that high in life?

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar, Varanus & Adam! :-)

The background is bought from Idee Creativmarkt. I wonder why the photo in the online shop looks so bad, it really looks better than that.

Well, more or less so, yes. The membrane is quite dark and the digits and arms are much lighter in colour. The contrast may look a bit harsh on the figure but I really think it's as well executed as possible. Here's a real one for comparison. :-)

Edit: Oh, now I see others commented, too... :-[

animaltoyforum

Quote from: brontodocus on May 28, 2013, 09:42:51 AM
Thanks, Jetoar, Varanus & Adam! :-)

The background is bought from Idee Creativmarkt. I wonder why the photo in the online shop looks so bad, it really looks better than that.

Well, more or less so, yes. The membrane is quite dark and the digits and arms are much lighter in colour. The contrast may look a bit harsh on the figure but I really think it's as well executed as possible. Here's a real one for comparison. :-)

Edit: Oh, now I see others commented, too... :-[

Oh, yes, quite a contrast. Thanks!

brontodocus

IC Townsend's Big-eared Bat walk-around is working again. :)