News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Turtles

Started by stemturtle, December 08, 2012, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Here's one from Kabaya's 'Amazonas' set:

No.15 - Mata mata

... and the two species from Colorata's 'Endangered Species - Reptiles' box:

Radiated Tortoise & Aldabra Giant Tortoise

brontodocus

Oh, the Kabaya Matamata is lovely! :) Is that from the Amazon figures set made out of resin (the one of which you sent me the Macaw)? Looks like it.

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 10, 2012, 10:53:29 AM
I've been longing for that box!
Wait, don't you have at least eighteen Colorata boxes and not this one (I don't have it either)? :o
You know, as a moderator here it is, well, almost sort of a duty (or at least a very good reason) to eventually grab your Colorata boxes out, finally, and show them to us. ;D

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on December 10, 2012, 11:04:10 PM
Wait, don't you have at least eighteen Colorata boxes and not this one (I don't have it either)? :o
You know, as a moderator here it is, well, almost sort of a duty (or at least a very good reason) to eventually grab your Colorata boxes out, finally, and show them to us. ;D

Oh, my. Now that's an arduous task if ever there was one.  ;D

brontodocus

Well, most of my figures are stowed away, too (urgh, 60+ plastic boxes from Ikea and counting). And so only a fraction of my figures is easily accessible for me. :-\ It is one reason (of course not the only one) for me to try to photograph every single figure. Digital photos stored in folders are so much easier to sort and browse through...

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on December 10, 2012, 11:04:10 PM
Oh, the Kabaya Matamata is lovely! :) Is that from the Amazon figures set made out of resin (the one of which you sent me the Macaw)? Looks like it.

Yes, it is.
I still don't know what that set is exactly called, because everything is written in Japanese.
A German eBay seller sold masses of these for 1 EUR each. I discovered him too late to get the complete set ::).
I think you have the baby Tapir as well :).

Jetoar

When I was a child my family gift to me a collection of Turttles. In this Christmas I will share images of my collection  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

A few turtles. ^-^

A variant AAA Big-headed Turtle.

Series of Turtles by an unknown maker.  Based on the numbers, I'm missing two.
Tentative IDs: Softshell sp, Mata-mata, unknown, Snapping Turtle sp, unknown, Map Turtle sp.

Playvision Flat-backed Turtle (left) and Hawksbill Turtle (right).

Unknown mini turtles.  They are in numbered order.
Tentative IDs (L-R):  Tortoise sp, tortoise sp, Alligator Snapping Turtle, Leatherback, Loggerhead Turtle, Big-headed Turtle, Softshell sp, Map Turtle sp.

Random turtles and tortoises.

Random soft rubber turtles and tortoises.  They came in jars of goo.

stemturtle

Quote from: Varanus on December 15, 2012, 12:48:08 AM
A few turtles. ^-^

Playvision Flat-backed Turtle (left) and Hawksbill Turtle (right).

Varanus showed two of the 8 Play Visions Sea Turtles 1998 above: 2) Hawksbill and 5) Flatback.  Here are 5 more, but I do not own the 1) Leatherback.  My figures are not marked with numbers, so I used marks on the Yujn Series 1 figures. 

4. Black sea turtle, Chelonia mydas (= C. agassizii)

3. Green sea turtle, Chelonia mydas

7. Kemp's ridley sea turtle, Lepidochelys kempii

6. Loggerhead sea turtle, Caretta caretta

8. Olive ridley sea turtle, Lepidochelys olivacea

EDIT: TGF Toys has 7 of the 8 sea turtles for sale.  Habitat Earth did not come up in the A-Z index, but did give a hit in the search box for sea turtle.
Item numbers added.

stemturtle

Play Visions Freshwater Turtles 1996

This is a set of 8 turtles. Veghead sells these turtles as Turtle Minis:
http://www.veghead.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_7&products_id=452

1. Alligator snapping turtle, Macrochelys temminckii

2. Matamata turtle, Chelus fimbriata

3. Red-eared slider, Trachemys scripta elegans

4. Spotted turtle, Clemmys guttata

5. Yellow-blotched sawback, Graptemys flavimaculata

6. Eastern box turtle, Terrapene carolina carolina

7. Cogwheel turtle, Heosemys spinosa

8. Peacock softshell turtle, Nilssonia sp.

EDIT: Both of the following species are candidates:
Indian Peacock Softshell Turtle, Nilssonia hurum
Burmese Peacock Softshell Turtle, Nilssonia formosa

The average total length is about 2.25 inches, or 5.5 cm.

Jetoar

I like tiny figures. Mata Mata is very beautiful specialy  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

This thread is making me want to collect sea turtles. They are marine reptiles so what possible excuse do I have to resist temptation...

Battatitan

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 16, 2012, 10:55:01 AM
This thread is making me want to collect sea turtles. They are marine reptiles so what possible excuse do I have to resist temptation...

Hahaa me too! Those Coloratas are awesome! And ridiculusly cute...  :-[

Ana

Wow, so many lovely turtles and tortoises <3 Colorata boxes are truly AMAZING  8) And casts of real specimens are superb too  :D

I don't have many turtles and tortoises in my collection but among few others I have these:

They are Yuijn and species from left to right (thank You for help in recognizing them earlier Kiki ;) ) are: Hilaire's Side-necked Turtle (Phrynops hilarii), Radiated tortoise (Astrochelys radiata), Spiny turtle (Heosemys spinosa) and Chinese softshell turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis) :D

AnimalToyForum

Kikimalou posted this figure in the ID thread
If anyone recognises it, do head over to the ID thread to enlighten us :)

postsaurischian

The Yujin turtles are very cute :). Especially the Chinese Softshell Turtle.
Here is Nature Techni Colour's version of it:

Pelodiscus sinensis - Chinese Softshell Turtle

This is a Leatherback from the Aqualand series by Kaiyodo:

Dermochelys coriacea - Leatherback Sea Turtle

Two more turtles by Yujin:

Lepidochelys olivacea - Olive Ridley Sea Turtle

Caretta caretta - Loggerhead Sea Turtle

tyrantqueen

Pretty. I intend to start a turtle and tortoise collection soon too.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

This is a walk-around of the retired Wild Safari Leatherback Turtle, Dermochelys coriacea (Vandelli, 1761). Total length is 110 mm and carapace length 72 mm, corresponding to a scale between 1:14 and 1:30. Charles R. Darwin from Accoutrements "Evolving Darwin Playset" is approx. 1:22.5 scale.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

AnimalToyForum

I really don't have any excuse for not owning this one.  :-[

brontodocus

Unfortunately, it seems not that easy to find anymore. When I bought i t from a German store more than three years ago it was the last one they had and I haven't seen it since. :(

AnimalToyForum

Serves me right :-[ They might be extant, but surely turtles deserve a place alongside my extinct marine reptiles.