News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy Poisonous Snakes

Started by dinocat62, March 29, 2013, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

They look lovely. Not too keen on the tsukinoko though :-\

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sbell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 29, 2013, 05:29:07 PM

Agreed. Not sure why Japanese manufacturers feel the need to include that one in so many otherwise-modern and excellent sets (Agatsuma and Furuta sets, for example). In their various cryptid and mythology sets it of course makes perfect sense.

And it's not like there aren't so many other cool, real animals that could be done instead!

Fortunately, they are the secret/chase figures, so the set might be more affordable without them!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sbell on March 29, 2013, 06:27:01 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 29, 2013, 05:29:07 PM

Agreed. Not sure why Japanese manufacturers feel the need to include that one in so many otherwise-modern and excellent sets (Agatsuma and Furuta sets, for example). In their various cryptid and mythology sets it of course makes perfect sense.

And it's not like there aren't so many other cool, real animals that could be done instead!

Fortunately, they are the secret/chase figures, so the set might be more affordable without them!
The tsukinoko is pretty lame, by cryptid standards anyway. I can understand people getting excited about Bigfoot (a giant bipedal ape) or Loch Ness Monster (a living plesiosaur), for example, because of the enormous amount of potential study for the scientific community (if they existed). The 'noko is just a weird snake....thing.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

dinocat62

The tsukinoko did not come with the set I received.

brontodocus

Then it's a so-called "basic set", so without the secret? Yes, there are too many Tsuchinoko figures for my taste, too. If someone had asked me before I saw the photo "there's a new Gashapon set about snakes, guess what the secret figure is" Tsuchinoko would have been my guess.

EDIT: Oh, and I moved the thread here since I found that this topic would better be placed in the general animal toys board since it's no walk-around or review. But feel free to write one, though, it would really be appreciated! :)

Jetoar

Wonderful figures, a great acquisition for a snake lover  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures