News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rainbow fishes

Started by OkapiBoy, February 23, 2013, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkapiBoy

I figured this will be the “general” thread for all the other fish since we already have one dedicated to deep water and ancient species. Sharks will not be included here, too, since they are a big group and already have their very own thread (although they do make an appearance here and there ;).
As a tropical fish hobbyist ( I own a tropical marine reef tank), I am fascinated by the diversity of fishes. I have always kept a fish tank since I was a kid, and I also love fishing. I am also an artist, and fish is the central focus of my art (I do fish prints or Gyotaku).
Fish have been around for a very long time, far longer than the famous dinosaurs. In fact, they reached such high diversity during the Devonian period that it is often dubbed the “Age of Fish”.
The diversity of species is astounding, and range in size from small to true giants. They exploited all the various watery environment, from rivers/streams, lakes, swamps, pools, tropical, freezing, fresh water, and marine.
Fishes come in dazzling colors and shapes, thus are popular subject for toy manufacturers.  To date, my collection is small, consisting mostly of small Japanese figures. So, I am hoping to see some of your beautiful collection of fish!
[

Bonus:The ancient fish

Varanus

Very impressive assemblage OkapiBoy! :o 

sauroid

here's some of my fish collection:

brontodocus

Very nice, sauroid! :) Hehe, your Kissing Loaches are almost kissing... :-* ;D

copper

i got a warning that i should go and start a new thread because this one has been inactive for a long time, but i thought it would be unnecessary to start another fish thread since we already have this one...
(moderators feel free to take action on this if needed)

here are my current figures from Yujin's goldfish series:

Pearlscale

Black moor

Shubunkin

Telescope

Ryukin

Shubunkin

Oranda

Wakin

Wakin

jikin

sbell

I should really add to this thread. I have a few fish...

stargatedalek

the title should probably be changed to "rainbow of fishes"
I was rather confused upon first reading and seeing no rainbow fish :P

I have a lot of fish, but sometime I may get out all my favorites and take some pictures

copper

i too have quite a few fish models in my collection, many of them are in need of better quality photos.. so i guess i'll be posting them here soon!
i have lots of reptiles and amphibians too, they will be posted to their proper threads : )

widukind

Phantastic!! I like fishes, especially coral fishes too!!! What brand is the lion fish? :)

sbell

Just got some fancy new fishes. How new? Well, they're not in stores. The university I work at has a 3D printer, and I know a guy there. And I found some files!

(the first two are also in the Ancient fishes thread)

Featherfin knifefish:

Atractosteus gar (doesn't have to be an alligator gar...):

Electric eel:

Payara, Hyrdolycus scomberoides

Tough to tell on this one, it kind of looks like a tiger fish, or tarpon, or Xiphactinus, until you get a better look at it's front teeth:

They're too heavy, but it's the limit of the medium. I suppose I could try to file them down but I already broke two fins off the gar, so I'm probably going to leave it be.

Jetoar

Details of teeth are nice  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Some new fishes! Well, painted ones. And since they're aren't primitive, they get to go here instead of that thread.

Payara:

Electric eel:

Double-beak elephant nose fish:

AcroSauroTaurus

My Bony Fish. (decided to include the deep-sea ones too)

Figures:
Safari Ltd. Deep-Sea Creatures Toob Black Dragonfish
Safari Ltd. Deep-Sea Creatures Toob Gulper Eel
K&M Bicolor Angelfish
Safari Ltd. Deep-Sea Creatures Toob Humpback? Angler Fish
Chap Mei Great Barracuda
Animal Planet Swordfish (retired)
Safari Ltd. Venomous Creatures Toob Stonefish
Cretaceous Collectibles Enchodus (my own figure line)
Safari Ltd. IC Green Moray
Safari Ltd. Deep-Sea Creatures Toob Hatchetfish
China Blue Marlin
China Blue-fin Tuna
Safari Ltd. Deep-Sea Creatures Toob "Viperfish"
China Flying Fish
China Rubber Porcupine Fish (squirts water)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

Your Enchodus is a good addition  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

BlueKrono

Quote from: sbell on March 15, 2015, 11:07:25 PM
Some new fishes! Well, painted ones. And since they're aren't primitive, they get to go here instead of that thread.

Payara:

Electric eel:

Would love to see that Payara!

Here's mine:
I like turtles.

widukind

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 02:58:49 PM

Payara:

Electric eel:

Here's mine:

Phantastic, what is the brand of the dolphinfish?

sbell

Payara:

Electric eel:

Here's mine:

Whoops--I had to migrate my collection photos...and couldn't find all of them to change!

Payara:

Electric eel:

Double-beak Elephant Nose Fish:

I also have SOOOO many other fish...it's just so hard to get them all together.

But one of my newest is this Dolly Varden (A Yujin special, so pretty):

And also this Yujin endangered pets fish tank...with blue arowana! It's in my daughter's doll house. Because every house should have a fish tank.

There are so many more...but those are the ones I have photos of for now...someday I'll get around to a group shot. I'll need a panoramic lens.

BlueKrono

Quote from: widukind on February 01, 2017, 05:47:04 PM

Here's mine:

Phantastic, what is the brand of the dolphinfish?

There are no markings of any kind on it, but stylistically it appears to be from the same company as the sailfish above it and the fish in the upper righthand corner. If you're interested in it I'd be willing to trade or sell it.
I like turtles.

CetaceanFan

Some nice fish figures you have there guys!  ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2014, 12:55:53 AM
the title should probably be changed to "rainbow of fishes"
I was rather confused upon first reading and seeing no rainbow fish :P

I too was surprised, twice, first by seeing an entire thread devoted to melanotaeniids, and then by seeing it devoted to all fish except sharks.

Would somebody be kind enough to identify the maker of these tetras?

Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0