News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 07, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Does anyone know anything about this big scary looking shark?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190793061922&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

The painting style reminds me of AAA, but I'm not sure :-\

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Varanus

Certainly looks like AAA's style, but definitely not cast from a specimen!  ???

brontodocus

AAA made some large marine animals, and I believe a Great White Shark of about that size, too. I don't know exactly if it's AAA but it definitely looks like it! :)

Jetoar

It is a AAA figure. I have in my hands yhis figure in a zoo when I was a child  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jetoar on February 03, 2013, 12:36:50 PM
It is a AAA figure. I have in my hands yhis figure in a zoo when I was a child  ^-^.
Thanks. That's interesting to know :) If I was a shark collector I would have bid on it :)

tyrantqueen

There's a painted version of that big Komodo dragon I posted a walkaround of a while back:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Komodo-Dragon-/221188290600?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item337fd97828

Strange choice of colours ???

Jetoar

I have this Komodo Dragon but with other colors, more realistic. I will do a walk around of this figure.

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on February 11, 2013, 07:48:27 AM
I have this Komodo Dragon but with other colors, more realistic. I will do a walk around of this figure.
Like she said, tyrantqueen has already done a walk-around of the more realistically coloured version here. But who knows, we have seen so many alternate versions of figures here lately, you might have something entirely different in the end. :)
Have you seen that the shark tyrantqueen posted went for $45.50? :o

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on February 11, 2013, 09:15:24 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on February 11, 2013, 07:48:27 AM
Like she said, tyrantqueen has already done a walk-around of the more realistically coloured version here. But who knows, we have seen so many alternate versions of figures here lately, you might have something entirely different in the end. :)

The figure is not the same that Tyrantqueen figure because my figure have tongue, the legs are in other posistion, it was made in two pieces and the position of this head is decliner than version of Tyrantqueen. The shark is more bigger than my version of great white shark.  It is twice size bigger than my version  ^-^.

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on February 11, 2013, 09:15:24 AM

;D Much money for an ugly figure.
For that amount of money you better get the new Pegasus Hobbies 1:18 model ;).

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 28, 2013, 08:33:38 AM
For that amount of money you better get the new Pegasus Hobbies 1:18 model ;).
Whoa, I've just seen it, definitely a must-have! :o

Daverat

From the late '60s & early '70s -- rubber snakes, alligators, sharks, spiders and more...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/shadowwasagoodrat/m.html?item=151003009802&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Just a few examples:

sbell

Check it out! ig88droid has lots of the rare Colorata zoo animals for auction

Apparently it's the Ueno zoo set, very limited, long-discontinued--includes the fantastic Aye-Aye, Okapi, Pygmy hippo, and many others!

Plus the start prices are quite low. And it appears that he has the full 13 figures!

Daverat

1970 Penn Plax CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON Aquarium Ornament AERATER

I didn't think that this was worth much but as I researched it I found out that some Creature Collectors consider this one of the Holy Grails of Creature Collectables.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310644907043?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

tyrantqueen