This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Giant Sable Antelope Pair (CollectA Wildlife)  (Read 6902 times)

OkapiBoy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Giant Sable Antelope Pair (CollectA Wildlife)
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:32 AM »
Here we go, a look at the beautiful pair of Giant Sable antelope by CollectA. The figures are beautifully sculpted and painted and really captures the elegance of the animal.
First up, the Male

The female

The pair together. I decided to do them both since they were released as a pair. Originally, the two sculpt was both for the male, but due to overwhelming response from fans and listening to suggestions, CollectA released the second version as a female instead, a smart move ;)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Giant Sable Antelope Pair (CollectA Wildlife)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »
They are wonderful and elegant! :) And we rarely (if ever?) get to see male and female of an antelope species as a figure made by the same company!

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
Great newcomers :D I still need to get male Sable Antelope by CollectA :) Very very nice  ^-^

postsaurischian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »
....... we rarely (if ever?) get to see male and female of an antelope species as a figure made by the same company!

Yes, I would say these two are metonymic with a step forward in the history of mass-produced Antelope figurines :).

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
....... we rarely (if ever?) get to see male and female of an antelope species as a figure made by the same company!

Yes, I would say these two are metonymic with a step forward in the history of mass-produced Antelope figurines :).

Metonymic?

;D

But it is an important step in animal figures (we always get families of lions, tigers, deer, elephants and other large mammals--for some reason  antelope get ignored the most in this aspect.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
If I had been in charge of production I would have put the female in the male's pose.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal