This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Ganges River Dolphin (CollectA - Sea Life)  (Read 8766 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Ganges River Dolphin (CollectA - Sea Life)
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
For me this one was one of the most anticipated figures to be released this year. Here's the walk-around of the CollectA Sea Life Ganges River Dolphin, Platanista gangetica (Lebeck, 1801). Total length is 135 mm, so the scale is approx. 1:15 - 1:19.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:13:36 PM by brontodocus »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Ganges River Dolphin (CollectA - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
Amazing figure, I like it very much. I think that Collecta have done a great work this year with they collection of aquatic mammals ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
I completely agree, Jetoar! :) I wasn't overly impressed by some of their previous Sea Life figures (e.g. Sperm Whale with an apparently too wide lower jaw and such) but this year seems to be very different! 8)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
I completely agree, Jetoar! :) I wasn't overly impressed by some of their previous Sea Life figures (e.g. Sperm Whale with an apparently too wide lower jaw and such) but this year seems to be very different! 8)

Yes, and they have done a great work with other sea life figures as Zebra shark for example, that I think that it is better than Safari figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

OkapiBoy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:05 AM »
another beautiful figure from CollectA! I really like this one, it looks cute and elegant at the same time :)

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:56 PM »
Although he's beautiful and CollectA have once again excelled themselves I can't help but notice those whopping great join lines cleaving across his face and jaw - completely detracting from the otherwise unique and pleasing figure they've created.  :-\ Great pictures, thanks Brontodocus.

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »
Oh, that's amazing! Musthave for me!  8)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »
Thanks, OkapiBoy, Battatitan, & Ana! :)
Although he's beautiful and CollectA have once again excelled themselves I can't help but notice those whopping great join lines cleaving across his face and jaw - completely detracting from the otherwise unique and pleasing figure they've created.  :-\ Great pictures, thanks Brontodocus.
The seams aren't bigger than in other figures but they are admittedly more obvious here than they would be on a larger whale figure. :-\ The proportionally large stamp on the underside could have been a little smaller for my taste, too. But I can forgive about that, it's the first time I see a Platanista figure and such an accurate one, too.

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
Thanks, OkapiBoy, Battatitan, & Ana! :)
The seams aren't bigger than in other figures but they are admittedly more obvious here than they would be on a larger whale figure. :-\ The proportionally large stamp on the underside could have been a little smaller for my taste, too. But I can forgive about that, it's the first time I see a Platanista figure and such an accurate one, too.

Yeah, I do think it's a shame that they are so detracting but they are essentially minor quibbles because it's such a fantastic figure and species.

Varanus

• Goannas Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
What a great figure! :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »
CollectA Ganges River Dolphin walk-around photos are back. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal