This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Big-headed turtle (Kaiyodo - Animatales)  (Read 6258 times)

stemturtle

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Big-headed turtle (Kaiyodo - Animatales)
« on: February 13, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
Big-headed turtle, Platysternon megacephalum (Kaiyodo, Animatales, Series 11, Secret S08b)
Carapace length 1 1/2 inches (3.8 cm). Total length 3 1/8 inches (8.0 cm.).

Comparison with snapping turtle, Chelydra serpentina (Kaiyodo, Animatales, Series 7)

Although the big-headed turtle might be confused with a snapping turtle, it actually diverged from the pond turtles.  I could not bring myself to splurge on this precious gem.  It was a Valentine's gift from my wife.

Allow me to applaud my wife for her expertise with Photoshop.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:53:50 PM by stemturtle »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Big-headed turtle (Kaiyodo - Animatales)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
Amazing reply of this anmal. I like it very much, Thanks for sharing friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:40:03 PM »
What an awesome figure the Animatales Big-headed Turtle is! :) And lovely photos, too, stemturtle! Unfortunately it's not easy to find (or really expensive)... :'( It was a great idea to include the Animatales Snapping Turtle in one photo for a comparison since the species are sometimes confused with each other - although they are really not that similar. Platysternon megacephalum is much smaller, has carapace scutes devoid of keels, and a relatively "normal" plastron compared with the highly reduced cross-shaped thing true snapping turtles have.

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
Wow, what an amazing turtle! Congratulations! I didn't know about this figure before. Thank You also for comparison with Snapping turtle. :) 
I also love photos! Thanks for sharing :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal