This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Green turtle (Popular de juguetes-Puzzle)  (Read 3645 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Green turtle (Popular de juguetes-Puzzle)
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
This is not a figure, It is a puzzle of Green Turtle (Chelonia mydas) Linnaeus, 1758 of Popular de juguetes. Totallenght is 430mm. It was released in 1995 and we coul foun some one in Ebay as http://www.ebay.es/itm/Vintage-1990s-Build-a-Life-Like-Sea-Turtle-3D-Jigsaw-Puzzle-Feva-Get-Real-/221187478219?pt=UK_Toys_Jigsaws_RL&hash=item337fcd12cb#ht_500wt_1203  of other brands, but the same puzzle.

Some times, jigsaw puzzles are better than some figures, This puzzle is a good example. The strong points of this puzzle is the coloration and stand. From my point of view, it is a good reply of this animal and it is the best sea turtle of my collection  ^-^. I bought this puzzle 10 years ago in a store of my town  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Green turtle (Popular de juguetes-Puzzle)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
Very nice! :) I have been even thinking about creating a thread for animal cardboard models here (I also made one on the DTF). Some of you might know that I'm a fan of cardboard modelling, there are some phantastic kits available, notably those excellent Birdmobile by Malcolm Topp and the incredible works of Dutch artist Johan Scherft. A few Japanese and Taiwanese models of marine animals are available, too, including several Green Turtle models (including an amazing free model by Kyoichi Shimazaki/Ghost Maker available at Canon Creative Park). Of course these would rather qualify as kits. So I see a kit section could become more and more useful. :)

tyrantqueen

• I am an AAAphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:54 PM »
This is unique :) It looks really good for a cardboard figure.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:02:53 PM »
Very nice! :) I have been even thinking about creating a thread for animal cardboard models here (I also made one on the DTF). Some of you might know that I'm a fan of cardboard modelling, there are some phantastic kits available, notably those excellent Birdmobile by Malcolm Topp and the incredible works of Dutch artist Johan Scherft. A few Japanese and Taiwanese models of marine animals are available, too, including several Green Turtle models (including an amazing free model by Kyoichi Shimazaki/Ghost Maker available at Canon Creative Park). Of course these would rather qualify as kits. So I see a kit section could become more and more useful. :)
Yes, I think the same that you friend, I have seen you arrowana in another post and I think that carboard models neee a section  ^-^.

This is unique :) It looks really good for a cardboard figure.

Yes, I think this is a great model, the best of my collection.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal