This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Huntsman (Science and Nature - Animals of Australia)  (Read 5029 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Huntsman (Science and Nature - Animals of Australia)
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »
Walk-around of the Science and Nature Animals of Australia (Small Replicas) Huntsman, properly a Giant Sydney Huntsman Spider, Holconia (formerly Isopeda) immanis (L. Koch, 1867). Body length (excluding chelicerae) is 39 mm, scale is about life size, approx. 1:0.8 - 1:1.2 for a female. The colouration is very good and allows for the identification to species level. The ventral side shows an epigyne and air sac openings, something rarely ever captured in a spider figure. However the figure has only six eyes instead of eight which is a bit sad since the arrangements of eyes is very distinctive (and easy to make, two transversal rows of four, that's all) in Sparassidae.
Here's a link to the figure at Science and Nature's website: http://www.scienceandnature.com.au/Animals-of-Australia_3/Small-Replicas/Huntsman-10

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:36:50 PM by brontodocus »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Huntsman (Science and Nature - Animals of Australia)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:26 PM »
Is the first time that I see this specie of spider. thanks for sharing friend again  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:27 PM »
Wow, impressive figure! I don't collect spider figures but this one has something what makes it looking almost alive, it's wonderful.  8)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »
AoA Huntsman photos are back. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal