News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

AAA's Reptiles and More

Started by Varanus, February 10, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 01, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
"Tortoise" Any ideas about this one?

Veghead calls it a radiated tortoise. The first time I saw this turtle, I thought it might be a box turtle.  However, the marginal scutes are too tall. 

tyrantqueen

QuoteVeghead calls it a radiated tortoise. The first time I saw this turtle, I thought it might be a box turtle.  However, the marginal scutes are too tall. 
I know, Veghead is where the tortoise was bought from. Do you agree that it could be a radiated tortoise?

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

stemturtle

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 02, 2013, 01:05:44 AM
QuoteVeghead calls it a radiated tortoise. The first time I saw this turtle, I thought it might be a box turtle.  However, the marginal scutes are too tall. 
I know, Veghead is where the tortoise was bought from. Do you agree that it could be a radiated tortoise?

The head looks too big for a radiated tortoise.  I do not own the figure, so I really do not know.

Mark1

Where does one find these figures... the reptiles are fantastic!

docronnie

My daughter also has a Polar Bear, same as Sauroid's and this:

Goat

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Mark1 on March 03, 2013, 11:43:20 PM
Where does one find these figures... the reptiles are fantastic!
If you're referring to my reptile figures, the vast majority came from Veghead.com, and a few others from eBay :)

Varanus

A comparison shot between the two version of the Calotes.

I also updated the list with a few mammals I had missed. :)

sauroid

i was able to get a better painted AAA tiger cub (the other has a very bright red orange color)

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

giraffe calf

indian rhino

hippo calf

tyrantqueen

Varanus, you might want to add a "Insect/Arachnid" kind of subheader to your list. AAA has produced many insects, such as a spider, ladybird, dragonfly, honey bee, praying mantis, grasshopper and various kinds of beetles.

See here:

*Not my photo

A complete AAA catalogue would be an awesome goal to achieve :)

Varanus

Great idea TQ!  I'll split the invert section up and add your additions some time in the near future. :)

tyrantqueen

I found a second colour variation for the snowy owl here: http://www.hktdc.com/suppliers-products/Owl-Figure/en/1X0008KS/1098599/

Since this company claims to be AAA, I think it must be a rare variation.

Jetoar

Devil fish (small)

Dungeness crab (small)

American lobster (small)

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Hey guys, I emailed the owner of the Veghead store, asking about there being two versions of the Blue Tongue Skink, and he confirmed it. I also asked about where they got their models from:

I have two questions about the items in your store.

1. Regarding the reptile models (particularly the ones with AAA printed on the belly) do you order directly from the manufacturer? Are they a Asia based manufacturer?

2. I have a Blue Tongue Skink from your store, but it looks different from the one in the photograph.

The one in your store looks like this http://www.veghead.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=409

but mine looks like this: http://s230.photobucket.com/user/Weeze1990/media/Private/aaabluetongue3.png.html?sort=3&o=11

It's a mirror image to the one that's displayed in the photo. Do you have any idea why? Are there two versions of this model? Is it possible to choose which one I would receive if I ordered again?

I'm not upset about this, just curious :)
Thanks for your time
(my name)

Here's his response:

Hello,

Yes, the Blue Tongued Skink comes in 2 models.  I wasn't aware of it myself until awhile back, but since they are otherwise identical, I didn't think to notate it.

Yes, you could tell me "tail on right" or "tail on left" when you order.

We get several of the items directly from the manufacturer, off the China mainland, but others we get from different companies close-outs when they decide to no longer carry the products.  We are not a big enough company to order multiple cases of many of the reptiles, etc. but are able to go big on the snakes and some other things.

Pretty interesting, I guess I'll be looking out to get another blue tongue in future, so I can have a complete pair :D

handhwc

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 23, 2013, 05:56:43 PM
Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2013, 03:42:33 PM
hi Varanus. maybe there are still animals on this person's catalog that are not listed yet?
http://stores.ebay.com/H-and-H-Winners-Circle/AAA-Animals-/_i.html?_fsub=7585634018
I see some interesting figures, but can't buy anything from this store since it's another one that doesn't ship internationally *rolls eyes* :(

While the H & H eBay Store ships to USA only, the H & H Winners' Circle website ships AAA animal replicas Internationally.  I hope this information helps for future reference.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: handhwc on May 25, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 23, 2013, 05:56:43 PM
Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2013, 03:42:33 PM
hi Varanus. maybe there are still animals on this person's catalog that are not listed yet?
http://stores.ebay.com/H-and-H-Winners-Circle/AAA-Animals-/_i.html?_fsub=7585634018
I see some interesting figures, but can't buy anything from this store since it's another one that doesn't ship internationally *rolls eyes* :(

While the H & H eBay Store ships to USA only, the H & H Winners' Circle website ships AAA animal replicas Internationally.  I hope this information helps for future reference.
Thanks, that's good to know. Although I had a little initial trouble with buying from the website, I received my items and I'm very happy with them. Sorry if I sounded negative earlier.

Varanus

Inverts have been split and some more additions have been made.

AnimalToyForum

I'm late to reply here bu thanks for the great summary list, I didn't realise AAA was such a diverse line. :o

sauroid