News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

AAA's Reptiles and More

Started by Varanus, February 10, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varanus

No not that one, although I did see that listing and recognized the photo. ;)  Looking at Veghead, I think it was probably AAA's Reeve's Turtle that through me off.  It was in a lot of figures but I could only see it from the front, hence my confusion. :))

brontodocus

Still we are probably just discussing the top of the iceberg of which reptile species AAA has made casts of. I didn't want to imply there is no true Snapping Turtle by AAA, I simply don't know. But if there is one I must have it, of course! >:D

Varanus

I made a major update to the list on page 1. :)

Quote from: brontodocus on February 13, 2013, 11:35:34 AM
I didn't want to imply there is no true Snapping Turtle by AAA, I simply don't know. But if there is one I must have it, of course! >:D
Well, I refound the photo on ebay that confused me, and the turtle was indeed the Reeve's.

sauroid

Quote from: Jetoar on February 10, 2013, 12:39:18 PM

African Elephant

this african elephant is cool looking. how big is it and you think it is still available? (if i can only find someone to trade AAA figures with my Kaiyodos that would be cool. ^-^)

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on February 14, 2013, 03:46:17 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on February 10, 2013, 12:39:18 PM

African Elephant

this african elephant is cool looking. how big is it and you think it is still available? (if i can only find someone to trade AAA figures with my Kaiyodos that would be cool. ^-^)

Yes  ^-^, Total lenght is 180mm x 110mm. I have found this ad of Ebay for you http://www.ebay.es/itm/Used-AAA-plastic-toy-animal-figure-HIPPO-HIPPOPOTAMUS-ELEPHANT-/370757942742?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item5652e53dd6#ht_500wt_969
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

Jetoar

Varanus

Added a new tortoise and Snowy Owl. :)

tyrantqueen

The birds list is going to need a lot adding to it.

AAA has made good amount of bird models (parrots, waterfowl, birds of prey, seabirds etc) :) Heck they even made a dodo.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Varanus

Another major update, including everything I could find on ebay. :)

sauroid

hi Varanus. maybe there are still animals on this person's catalog that are not listed yet?
http://stores.ebay.com/H-and-H-Winners-Circle/AAA-Animals-/_i.html?_fsub=7585634018

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2013, 03:42:33 PM
hi Varanus. maybe there are still animals on this person's catalog that are not listed yet?
http://stores.ebay.com/H-and-H-Winners-Circle/AAA-Animals-/_i.html?_fsub=7585634018
I see some interesting figures, but can't buy anything from this store since it's another one that doesn't ship internationally *rolls eyes* :(

Varanus

Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2013, 03:42:33 PM
I think I got all those ones. ;)  I was surprised how nice some of their non-reptiles look; I'm especially tempted by that manatee, which actually appears to be a dugong! :o

tyrantqueen

Are you aware that AAA (under the brand name of "Yolanda") released an Anole Lizard and a "Girdled Lizard"? (although the latter certainly does not look like one) They seem to be released only in Portugal, from what I have heard.
See for yourself:

These pics belong to Willybacoman from STS. I have been asking around for anyone who could help me get the girdled lizard and the anole, but to no avail :/

Oh, and one more thing: AAA are still in business today. They only release about one new figure every year, and they don't seem to advertise much.

sauroid

"AAA are still in business today. They only release about one new figure every year, and they don't seem to advertise much."

that adds to the mystique and desirability of AAA figures.

brontodocus

Ah, and there are the toads I mentioned earlier! :)

Varanus

Thanks for posting TQ!  I had no knowledge of most of these! :o  The "Girdled" Lizard and Anole definetely look nice, the Frilled Lizard not so much (I think I spy a little JP color inspiration there! :))).

Jetoar

More figures

Sperm whale.

Octopus.

Sea lion.

Sand tiger shark.

Zebra calf.

Giraffe.

Beaver.

jwmo

I've got the AAA Reeves Turtle and a set of three AAA "Frogs" (in a small, medium, and large size).  Will try to get pictures posted...

tyrantqueen

"Tegus" Columbian Black Tegu

"Tortoise" Any ideas about this one?

"Reeves Turtle"