News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

"Does This Exist?" Thread

Started by Varanus, February 06, 2013, 06:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: widukind on July 01, 2013, 07:11:26 AM
Quote from: sbell on May 26, 2013, 04:31:11 AM
I can't find a good, complete listing, but is there a Yowies figure of a Palm Cockatoo? They seem to have covered much of Australia's fauna so it seems at the least to be very possible.

Australian or UK?

I wasn't sure--if one did exist (I don't know that it does) I would guess Australian.

Quote from: widukind on July 01, 2013, 07:15:44 AM
Quote from: sauroid on June 30, 2013, 08:31:38 PM
are there any colugo, Chitra chitra, sumatran rhino, shingleback skink, asian water buffalo, rhea, giant mekong catfish, Tibetan mastiff, Neapolitan mastiff, great hornbill, caracara, and sunbear figures out there (non-japanese brands)?

I know non- japanese brands but the only colugo that i know is by Colorata (together with a orang utan figure)

Water buffalo- Britains
Great Hornbill- Yowies UK
Caracara- Playvisions
Sunbear- Playvisions

thats all what i know at the moment  :)

The colugo also comes with a Flying Fox!

There was a Wild Republic Rhea with their Australian set. I know that isn't right, of course, but if I could find it, I could prove to myself that it is marked that way.

There is also a Mekong giant catfish in the ORIGINAL Colorata Fossil fish box. The box was revamped without the catfish, so that one is pretty rare now. I can't think of any others right now.

widukind

And Science & Nature have a rhea too  :)

sauroid

thanks for all the additional infos. :)

Quendrega

Quote from: sauroid on June 30, 2013, 08:31:38 PM
are there any colugo, Chitra chitra, sumatran rhino, shingleback skink, asian water buffalo, rhea, giant mekong catfish, Tibetan mastiff, Neapolitan mastiff, great hornbill, caracara, and sunbear figures out there (non-japanese brands)?

Papo has a Neapolitan mastiff.

Quendrega

Are there any harpy eagle, barred owl, gyrfalcon, saluki, borzoi, samoyed, or Alaskan malamute figures (non-Japanese)?

postsaurischian

There's a Harpy Eagle by Colorata, but it's Japanese - sorry.

To me there's no way to avoid Japanese producers, especially when it comes to species that aren't very common.

Quendrega

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 30, 2013, 08:15:53 PM
There's a Harpy Eagle by Colorata, but it's Japanese - sorry.

To me there's no way to avoid Japanese producers, especially when it comes to species that aren't very common.

I get that. It's just that they tend to be rare and expensive, well, the ones I want are.

sbell

Quote from: Drea on August 30, 2013, 08:04:54 PM
Are there any harpy eagle, barred owl, gyrfalcon, saluki, borzoi, samoyed, or Alaskan malamute figures (non-Japanese)?

I think there may have been a Harpy Eagle from the Play Visions set (I never had it, and can't remember if such a thing exists). But since those have been unavailable for 10 years, the Colorata might actually be easier to find for less $$

Ultimatedinoking

Is there a...

1. Placerias

2. Gorgonopsid

3. Goblin shark

4. Thrinaxodon

5. Postosuchus

In existence?

brontodocus

I'm not sure about Thrinaxodon at the moment but all others do exist in figure form. There's a chinasaur Placerias (wasn't it a Nayab?), a Safari Ltd WS Dinos gorgonopsid, several Goblin Sharks from Japanese manufacturers (Kaiyodo, Colorata, T-A.R.T.S and the like), and a Toyway and a Safari Ltd WS Dinos Postosuchus.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on November 14, 2013, 04:47:14 PM
Is there a...

1. Placerias

2. Gorgonopsid

3. Goblin shark

4. Thrinaxodon

5. Postosuchus

In existence?

Unknown brand, but can be found on eBay.

Safari Ltd.

WWD official Postosuchus toy.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

sbell

A gorgonopsid Lycaenops was also released in several colors by the Jurassic Park toys. And there are other dicynodonts as well. AchesonCreations sells a nice Kannemeyeria.
Others have listed the other animals.  But I am not aware of any Thrinaxodon figures. The Dinotales S3 Trochosaurus would probably be a decent fit if you can find one.

Ultimatedinoking

Ya, I forgot about jp. Nice to see that there are some Permian reptiles out there. That's the first toy placerias I've seen, I'll be on the lookout for it ^-^

Megalosaurus

I also want the placerias.

Now this is my question: Is there a toy or model of Jacob Sheep?
With 4 to 6 horns of course.

radioactive347

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 24, 2013, 05:05:29 PM
I also want the placerias.

Now this is my question: Is there a toy or model of Jacob Sheep?
With 4 to 6 horns of course.

Yes, there is. I found one by border fine arts. It is a model and it has 4 horns.

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on November 14, 2013, 04:47:14 PM
Is there a...

1. Placerias

2. Gorgonopsid

3. Goblin shark

4. Thrinaxodon

5. Postosuchus

In existence?

Unknown brand, but can be found on eBay.

Safari Ltd.

WWD official Postosuchus toy.

Dont forguett Salvat and Nayab Postosuchus  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

I've been meaning to find a mantis shrimp for a long time now, and my search for the ever illusive AAA one is still drawing a blank. So I'm curious have any other replicas of the species been made?

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 08, 2015, 09:26:57 PM
I've been meaning to find a mantis shrimp for a long time now, and my search for the ever illusive AAA one is still drawing a blank. So I'm curious have any other replicas of the species been made?

There is a Yujin one, in the original Shrimps and Crabs collection (not included in the Takara TOMY re-release). It is the same species as the AAA one, O. oratoria. Among the Cadbury Yowies, there is the Australian species, Odontodactylus brevirostris. Lastly, there is an expensive articulated one on Shapeways.

Yujin: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/ebikanie.htm
Yowies: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/eggay3e.htm
Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/product/5PT74LDTS/articulated-mantis-shrimp-o-scyllarus?li=search-results-1&optionId=42528053

stargatedalek

Thanks for the help!
It seems neither one is available at the moment, but now I have a second one to keep a look out for.
That shapeways one is amazing, but sadly its outside my price range.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 08, 2015, 10:13:59 PM
Thanks for the help!
It seems neither one is available at the moment, but now I have a second one to keep a look out for.
That shapeways one is amazing, but sadly its outside my price range.

I just got mine of of YAJ with Brett's help. They show up there infrequently, but more often (and for less $$) than on ebay.