News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

"Does This Exist?" Thread

Started by Varanus, February 06, 2013, 06:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: Ana on February 08, 2013, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: CM on February 08, 2013, 03:50:46 PM
How about a thylacine?  It's crazy that I can't seem to find one.

Look at the website of my friend Joan, he sculpted beautiful Thylacine female. This figure is limited edition resin, it seems it's still available http://bestiari.weebly.com/limited-editions.html You need to ask the artist ;)
I have it and highly recommend :D here photo from my collection

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, I like it very much  ^-^! I hope that great brand do a fifure as this  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Sean Cooper (of Paleocraft) also made a Thylacine

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Oh, wow, that female thylacine with baby in its pouch! :o 8)

sauroid

CM

Some cool figures there.  As of right now, I'm not looking to drop a lot of cash on exclusive and/or Japanese stuff, so I may just wait a couple years and see if someone like Mojo Fun ends up doing one. :)

tyrantqueen

Aside from the Kaiyodo, has anyone ever made a good quality toy/model of a leatherback turtle? I know there was a Chap Mei one on eBay a while back, but I missed that one :-[

stemturtle

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 03, 2013, 01:02:14 PM
Aside from the Kaiyodo, has anyone ever made a good quality toy/model of a leatherback turtle? I know there was a Chap Mei one on eBay a while back, but I missed that one :-[

I think the Safari Ltd. Leatherback Sea Turtle is discontinued, but here is a link to a seller that still offers one:
http://store.jalts.com/saltdletu.html
Might be worth an email.

sbell

Quote from: stemturtle on March 03, 2013, 03:49:30 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 03, 2013, 01:02:14 PM

I think the Safari Ltd. Leatherback Sea Turtle is discontinued, but here is a link to a seller that still offers one:
http://store.jalts.com/saltdletu.html
Might be worth an email.

Colorata has a really good one as part of their Sea Turtles set. There used to be two, each with 4 adult (on a shared diorama base) and 4 baby of a species, but now the box has all 8 adults on separate stands and no babies. It is definitely on ebay, I've seen it there.

tyrantqueen

Another turtle question- has anyone made a Cantor's giant soft-shelled turtle? It's a pretty unusual one :)

stemturtle

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 24, 2013, 06:04:45 AM
Another turtle question- has anyone made a Cantor's giant soft-shelled turtle? It's a pretty unusual one :)

I have never come across a toy figure of Cantor's giant softshell, Pelochelys cantorii, also known as the Asian giant softshell turtle.

jhudstone

PV made a leatherback turtle and an aardvark.

Renée

Has any toy company ever made a palm cockatoo figure? I really like these birds and since one plays a big role in a story I'm writing, I'd like to have a figure of some sort.

Ana

Well, I only know about figures of Yellow Crested Cockatoo and a Black cockatoo, both produced by company Science and Nature (Animals of Australia) but I really wish I could find Palm cockatoo as well. Maybe it's a good idea for customisation? I think it wouldn't be so hard to do remake of another figure, maybe you could try?   :)
http://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/schleich/__Animals%20of%20Australia/Vögel%20Birds/_47.04.html

Renée

Sadly the link doesn't seem to work for me but I did some googling and did see the toys you mentioned. And yeah, the black cockatoo is probably the closest thing to a palm cockatoo I'll get, haha. Thanks for helping me out!

But yeah, I could give customizing a try.

AnimalToyForum

The link should work now. The forum didn't automatically recognise the format so I hard coded it :)

sbell

I can't find a good, complete listing, but is there a Yowies figure of a Palm Cockatoo? They seem to have covered much of Australia's fauna so it seems at the least to be very possible.

sauroid

are there any colugo, Chitra chitra, sumatran rhino, shingleback skink, asian water buffalo, rhea, giant mekong catfish, Tibetan mastiff, Neapolitan mastiff, great hornbill, caracara, and sunbear figures out there (non-japanese brands)?

widukind

Quote from: sbell on May 26, 2013, 04:31:11 AM
I can't find a good, complete listing, but is there a Yowies figure of a Palm Cockatoo? They seem to have covered much of Australia's fauna so it seems at the least to be very possible.

Australian or UK?

widukind

Quote from: sauroid on June 30, 2013, 08:31:38 PM
are there any colugo, Chitra chitra, sumatran rhino, shingleback skink, asian water buffalo, rhea, giant mekong catfish, Tibetan mastiff, Neapolitan mastiff, great hornbill, caracara, and sunbear figures out there (non-japanese brands)?

I know non- japanese brands but the only colugo that i know is by Colorata (together with a orang utan figure)

Water buffalo- Britains
Great Hornbill- Yowies UK
Caracara- Playvisions
Sunbear- Playvisions

thats all what i know at the moment  :)

sauroid

thanks Andreas. it would be really great to see those animals made by the big brand names in scale with other figures.