News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Morgan Reptile Replicas

Started by tyrantqueen, December 07, 2012, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinocat62

I ordered mine unfinished. You?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 16, 2013, 12:57:54 AM
I ordered mine unfinished. You?
Yes, I intend to paint mine myself :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

I can imagine painting the Horned Frog with its colour pattern may take a while, but I believe the efforts are really worth it! :)

tyrantqueen

I received my Horned Frog this morning. Here he is fresh out of the box, without any cleanup or painting, looking very much like a pancake :)

I'm very happy with this resin and the service from Morgan, I will order again from them in future, for sure.

Would it be okay to post a walkaround of this model? Or is that restricted to toys only?

brontodocus

Congrats, tyrantqueen! 8) Is it really 6'' as the catalogue says? If so, it's really huge! As I said the small head suggests a really big specimen. It's so wide that it's unlikely to be cast from a wild caught specimen, looks like an animal that has been kept in captivity, probably a really old female. I'd love to see walk-around photos of this one! ^-^ It's also nice to see that the bony neck plate is visible very well. These are of course no toys and would rather qualify as kits (even though the term would not do them justice) but currently we have only the Customised figures section which I understand as the place for customised animal toy figures, and the Animal art section - since we have dinonikes' Fauna Cast models there I believe this is currently the best place for it. Thinking of it, this whole thread may fit better there since they are no toys but definitely represent extant animals. Oh, before I forget: Did you also order glass eyes with it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on January 29, 2013, 01:54:47 PM
Congrats, tyrantqueen! 8) Is it really 6'' as the catalogue says? If so, it's really huge! As I said the small head suggests a really big specimen. It's so wide that it's unlikely to be cast from a wild caught specimen, looks like an animal that has been kept in captivity, probably a really old female. I'd love to see walk-around photos of this one! ^-^ It's also nice to see that the bony neck plate is visible very well. These are of course no toys and would rather qualify as kits (even though the term would not do them justice) but currently we have only the Customised figures section which I understand as the place for customised animal toy figures, and the Animal art section - since we have dinonikes' Fauna Cast models there I believe this is currently the best place for it. Thinking of it, this whole thread may fit better there since they are no toys but definitely represent extant animals. Oh, before I forget: Did you also order glass eyes with it?
Yes, it is 6 inches, and no, I didn't buy the glass eyes (eyes are always my favourite parts to paint, and I wanted to save money anyway :P)

:)