News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Figure manufacturer identification thread

Started by tyrantqueen, December 07, 2012, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichianGuy

does anyone know what company do they made this hippo?

Hercules beetle

widukind

Quote from: Hercules beetle on October 17, 2014, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: MaastrichianGuy on October 12, 2014, 08:52:23 PM

I believe its AAA.

I think a china figurine, is nothing written on the belly?

Hercules beetle

Quote from: widukind on October 18, 2014, 08:17:12 AM

I believe its AAA.

Its hard plastic, i own it too.
Quite large in size.

widukind

Quote from: Hercules beetle on October 18, 2014, 08:18:56 AM

I believe its AAA.

Quite large in size.

And marked with 3 A's in a small circle?:)

Hercules beetle

Quote from: widukind on October 18, 2014, 09:46:25 AM
Quote from: Hercules beetle on October 18, 2014, 08:18:56 AM

I believe its AAA.
Yes. thats the AAA logo
Quite large in size.

And marked with 3 A's in a small circle?:)

suchomimus

Hi ATF! Does anyone know the species and line of Kaiyodo this figure is from? It's really tiny like the rest I guess, ~2in.

Google search responded with TMNT figures ._.

It says 048C on its underbelly  :)

sauroid

it's a ryukyu black breasted leaf turtle Geomyda japonica. classic version of series 2.

suchomimus

Quote from: sauroid on October 29, 2014, 01:58:47 PM
it's a ryukyu black breasted leaf turtle Geomyda japonica. classic version of series 2.

Thanks sauroid :)

sbell

Quote from: suchomimus on October 30, 2014, 10:12:24 AM

It should be mentioned that it appears to be from the Furuta ChocoEgg Animaltales line.

sphyrna18

Quote from: sbell on October 30, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

It should be mentioned that it appears to be from the Furuta ChocoEgg Animaltales line.

Actually, not to be that guy, but the Animatales series is Kaiyodo's; hence the reason they have been able to continue the Animatales numbering through all the Takara Choco-Q sets as well as with all their most recent Capsule Q sets.  Furuta is a confectioner, and they continue to produce Chocoeggs, just without Kaiyodo's figures.  It should, however, be noted that the Classics set, which can be viewed in its entirety here:  http://www.megacom.net/~arkones/wchclas.html, offered figures from Series 1-3 with vast improvements to sculpts and paintjobs.  Click on the pictures in that link, then click on the picture in the pop-up to see a comparison between the Classic set version and the originally released figure.

sbell

Quote from: sphyrna18 on November 01, 2014, 03:28:13 AM
Quote from: sbell on October 30, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

Actually, not to be that guy, but the Animatales series is Kaiyodo's; hence the reason they have been able to continue the Animatales numbering through all the Takara Choco-Q sets as well as with all their most recent Capsule Q sets.  Furuta is a confectioner, and they continue to produce Chocoeggs, just without Kaiyodo's figures.  It should, however, be noted that the Classics set, which can be viewed in its entirety here:  http://www.megacom.net/~arkones/wchclas.html, offered figures from Series 1-3 with vast improvements to sculpts and paintjobs.  Click on the pictures in that link, then click on the picture in the pop-up to see a comparison between the Classic set version and the originally released figure.

Oh no you didn't. ;D

Furuta made ChocoEggs. That's why, when they added a Disney line, Kaiyodo took their ball to Takara as ChocoQ (after the series 6 had been announced! How gauche). Furuta maintained their ChocoEggs Animaltales for a little while longer. Series 5 was the last original series with the Furuta-Kaiyodo connection. I was there man. It got really confusing.

The aforementioned turtle was originally part of the original Animaltales line, sculpted by Kaiyodo, for Furuta ChocoEggs. The line was still in the partnership of Kaiyodo and Furuta when the Classics Series came out. Just like the Series 1v2 Dinotales--improved paint, sculpt and modelling, but same animals.

<<mic dropped>>

:P

bmathison1972

yes, didn't Furuta do two lines of animals without Kaiyodo? These were the 'Funny' animal lines??? If I am right (which I might not be), they'd be the Chocoegg Funny Animals series 6 and 7 here: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/egge.htm

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 01, 2014, 12:36:28 PM
yes, didn't Furuta do two lines of animals without Kaiyodo? These were the 'Funny' animal lines??? If I am right (which I might not be), they'd be the Chocoegg Funny Animals series 6 and 7 here: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/egge.htm

Those are the ones. Never fully understood the 'funny' part, unless it's something missing in the translation. Or in that there is something just a little 'off' or 'funny' in those two particular lines!

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on November 01, 2014, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 01, 2014, 12:36:28 PM

Those are the ones. Never fully understood the 'funny' part, unless it's something missing in the translation. Or in that there is something just a little 'off' or 'funny' in those two particular lines!

I like those sets if for no other reason there are several non-Japanese/Asian species. As nice as Kaiyodo it, it would be great if they expanded more outside the Japanese fauna.

lorita410

Somebody knows what species are these?

radioactive347

Quote from: lorita410 on November 19, 2014, 11:56:56 PM

Somebody knows what species are these?

I believe the lizard at the bottom is a central bearded dragon, but it may also be a failed attempt at a komodo dragon.

lskfnfewg

Can you ID this shark? I have been searching for it for years. I used to have it. I remember it saying Bull Shark and I believe China on the bottom. To me it looks like a Safari LTD toy, but I can't find it anywhere. Any clues would help.

MaastrichianGuy

can anyone know what does that PEC logo on that eel toy stands for?

GrayHorse

Hi All,

My 3 year old son dropped the gray/grey horse figure in these pictures at a theme park yesterday, and by the time we noticed and went to look for it it was gone.

This happens to be his favorite toy, so I thought I would post these pictures here in hopes that someone can figure out who makes this series.

Some extra details (probably not needed, but just in case):

- If you look at the horse (and the donkey), they seem to be composed of two parts with the seam between the neck and the body.
- The other animals in the set have "Made In China" on the underside belly area  (which I'm guessing 99% of all these figures do). However What I think might be different from many is that it is written out on a single line without any wrapping like this:
     Made in China

and not like this:
     Made
        in
     China

Fingers crossed!